T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the list also new to dtg printing. I just got my Kiosk 2 days ago.I am having a bit of a problem with the pre treatment, after I have printed with the kiosk on a black t shirt, I can see a shiny patch all around the design obviously from the pre treatment. Does anyone else have this problem? is there something I can do to not get the shine around the design? ANY help will be greatly appreciated..... I am getting rather frustrated with it at the moment.

thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum and the world of garment printing!

did you go to the training available for the DTG product? If not, I would suggest you do everything you can to go, it will help you.

Now with the issue you are seeing. If it is really noticable then it is possible that you applied too much pretreatment. how did your print come out? have you washed it yet, as it will go away most of the time on the first wash. i can tell you that if you put an excessive amount that you may still see a trace after washing but should eventually go away.

i would contac Don at [email protected] and see what he can do for you. There is a pretty steep learning curve for printing the dark shirts. This type of thing is one of the reasons many have become discouraged or decided not to get into the machine purchase side yet.

It is pretty percise the instructions on what to do when pretreating but you can get the hang of it with time and patient practice. Hang in there and get the training if you can.

Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had training , but obviously need more and as much as I can get.
The print was not too bad, but needs tweaking yet, but looked ok. I have washed the shirts (did about 6) print was fine, but pretreatment clearly seen.
If I can master the pre treatment thing then I can move on. funny thing I did it on coloured shirt (lime green ) and it was perfect couldnt see the sheen at all.
thanks tom I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You can minimize the "sheen" a couple of ways. If you spray a mist of distilled water over the pre-treated area after you smooth it out with a roller or brush and before you press it is one way. Secondly, use parchment to instead of teflon when you heat and cure the shirt.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Don, thanks for the advice, I have just bought some water to try. could I ask you what pressure you press your garments on please.
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts