T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there a certain way you are supposed to pre-treat the front and backs of t-shirts? When I pre-treat both sides at the same time and cure the back first then the front the back prints great and the front not so great. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks
April

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I'm thinking about trying to pretreat white/gray with my GT-541 to see if the colors come out more vibrant. Would you use Fast Color or Fast Bright Pretreat?

FastBright is meant to be used as a pretreatment for white ink on light colored shirts. FastColor is for use on white or light colored shirts (cannot be used with white ink) and makes prints more vibrant and increases the washability of the ink. We have quite a few Brother users who buy FastColor from us on a regular basis.

Harry

· Registered
5,872 Posts
For best results with FastColor I recommend using the Wagner Control Spray power sprayer (or the SpeedTreater). You can try to use a spray bottle but it is much harder to apply a uniform coating using one which is what you are trying to do. You can purchase a Wagner for about $80 so it's not a huge investment.

Harry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.