T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone can help..

I got some of these
https://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/Special+Offers/Fruit+of+The+Loom+New+Performance+T+*Special+Offer*

And was wondering if anyone has tried printing anything similar on a R-Jet 5i ?!?!

What type of pre-treatment did you use ,

I'm due to order some more pre-treatment but don't know if I should stick with this for my dark colours
Camtex Dupont P5001 Pre-treatment solution

or try
Image Armor Ultra Pre-treatment

I've not tried pre-treatment on white/light t-shirts..
So any advice would be appreciated..

· Registered
868 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone can help..

I got some of these
https://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/Special+Offers/Fruit+of+The+Loom+New+Performance+T+*Special+Offer*

And was wondering if anyone has tried printing anything similar on a R-Jet 5i ?!?!

What type of pre-treatment did you use ,

I'm due to order some more pre-treatment but don't know if I should stick with this for my dark colours
Camtex Dupont P5001 Pre-treatment solution

or try
Image Armor Ultra Pre-treatment

I've not tried pre-treatment on white/light t-shirts..
So any advice would be appreciated..
Hi,

Printing on Polyester is best done with IA Ultra for darks and the IA light for pastels and whites. It is best once printed to let them air dry for a couple of hours before then hover curing for around 2 to 3 minutes.

If you close the heat press completely make sure the pressure is very light or the fabric weave will show through the prints.

On darks polyester you need a special queue which if you call the office we can arrange a login to create this if you don’t already have it. You need to be with the printer to use this queue as it requires the load button to be pressed for the last pass.

Hope this helps.

Colin

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Colin, I'll be ordering pre-treatment later today..just unsure which one to go with..

as more ppl are wanting different tops...and most of them contain 50% - 100% poly...

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordred the 5 litres of Image Armor Ultra pre-treatment & the NEW FORMULA Pre Treatment Light Shirts 5 litres.

I'll call the store about lunchtime, to see about getting the que installed

Cheers
Jim

· Registered
1 Posts
It's cool you are doing that. But wait a second. Polyester? It doesn't sound like the best material for sport tops. Something more natural is needed. Real athletes choose a quality clothing supplier just as they choose the Best SARMs Vendor. So, maybe concider cotton? I'm not sure how the prints will look like on cotton... I am sure there are solutions to that as well. Polyester prevents the skin from breathing. It's the worst condition for skin while excercising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.