T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a "Industry Standard" or guideline to narrow down my pre-press cost. I have a kid that does 20 screens in about 2 to 2.5 hours. I have another "experienced" helper that takes 3-4 hours to do 5 screens. Other than milking the dog, what is a good timeline. Also timeline to burn, coat, drying, etc. I am just looking at various timelines that other shops have, so I can adjust them to my business structure.

Thank you,

· Registered
960 Posts
It's hard to say from shop to shop.. done people use dip tanks, some re stretch more than others... it basically up to you too decide how long it takes you with your setup... like the time spent coating 1 screen vs 5 is not that different if you take into account setup and cleanup...

I would take one screen and time it going through the entire process. From start to finish doing only that screen in reach process.. then you will have a "base"... then fix things that will make it more efficient and retest...

Only you can decide how long it takes you to do something and how much to charge... there are too many different ways and variables that people use to compare them evenly.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.