T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to reinstall PowerRIP,I want to be able to choose either the DA rip or P-RIP,the DA rip is installed and working well,but for a my next job the customer is looking for a better red. I know I will get that w/the same artwork and the P-rip. I want to know how to set up the P-rip seperate fron the DA rip so that I can choose either w/just a click or 2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Since the DA has to be driven with dual-interfacing (ie, driving the printer and the bed separately), only PowerRIP and the DA driver can properly drive this printer. The Reds produced by PowerRIP are excellent, particularly with the latest profiles. Perhaps using the print settings recommended by the manufacturer (Sawgrass) will give you the proper reds?

-- Fred

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I am looking for is step by step to install the P-RIP so that it is a separate printing choice from printingw/ the DA Que and driver

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about something else.

It is actually very simple to have both the DA driver and PowerRIP DA loaded. Just:

1) Load the DA Driver
2) Load PowerRIP DA

Then, when you go to print, select the appropriate printer:

To Use PowerRIP, print to either of these printers (depending on your ink configuration):

Direct Advantage Double Color
or
Direct Advantage w/White Ink

To use the DA's Sawgrass driver, print to "Direct Advantage 1.5"

Hope this helps you

-- Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts