T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I live in the UK and am trying to decide the best way to post out my t-shirts in the UK. I could use first class post which is relatively cheap, but has no guarantees and you can't tell if the customer has received the goods or not, recorded delivery where again there is no guarantee of delivery time/insurance etc but the customer has to sign for receipt of the goods.

Although recorded delivery would safeguard me a little do you think this would put people off knowing they had to be in to sign for their delivery or if they were out they would have to arrange for redelivery or pick the parcel up rom the post office. I be grateful for any advice/opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
TROskell said:
Hi

I live in the UK and am trying to decide the best way to post out my t-shirts in the UK. I could use first class post which is relatively cheap, but has no guarantees and you can't tell if the customer has received the goods or not, recorded delivery where again there is no guarantee of delivery time/insurance etc but the customer has to sign for receipt of the goods.

Although recorded delivery would safeguard me a little do you think this would put people off knowing they had to be in to sign for their delivery or if they were out they would have to arrange for redelivery or pick the parcel up rom the post office. I be grateful for any advice/opinions.

Thanks
I definitely don't see how recorded delivery would be a turn off. It seems more reliable and I as a consumer would prefer that you send me my goods using reliable means. If thats the only thing stopping you, I say go for it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
TROskell . .

go for the recorded information....
1. -if the buyer wants the product bad enough, they don't mind paying the additional fee
2. - if your using paypal as your online payment system, you will need the recorded information to cover your booty
3. - there are 'very' few dishonest buyers that will say they didn't receive their order, but with a record of delivery, your covered..
especially if it comes down to a back charge from a CC company

include the fee in with you s/h - but, make it a clear note/statement to the fact someone will have to sign for the package
OR
go for delivery confirmation 1st, -- and if you run into problems, then go for a signature delivery . . .

you might have to think like a dishonest buyer to cover all avenues , just so you have the ability to dispute any claims

Personally I put delivery confirmation on "everything" I ship...
right down to shipping off my sale tax forms and payment . . .

communication, communication, communication with a potential buyer is a huge key factor with any sale,.... it gives you a good felt if they are...
-- honest,
-- if they are feeling you out for information,
-- one that might be a pain in the booty,
then not to mention, "that" communication will bring back 'much' repeat business
that buyers $10.00 order might turn into a $100.00 repeat order . .

bottom line, . . yep go with the delivery confirmation 1st and then take it from there, if need be . . .

Diane

·
Registered
241 Posts
Personal opinion.....I have sent out a couple of hundred individual shirts to customers over the last year or so. i always send standard first class, never suffered a loss, never had a customer 'claim' the shirt wasn't received.

You could always offer the recorded delivery as an extra in your postage charges I guess. You have to offset the risk of loss with the additional cost of recorded delivery.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All, thanks for the opinions

TJ Lewis, good to hear from someone in the UK and their experience of posting t-shirts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts