T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post your experience and results with this 3g paper , i used it from coastal and its great ....post your results !!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here it is 3g from coastal business... love the feel and quality i peeled hot .. i forgot to let it cool !!! but still looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, I just got it and tried it out. So far I'm impressed. Looks great. I used a workforce 1100 w/ OEM durabrite inks. It does have a heavy hand but I don't find it offensive it's similar in feel to the ecofilm vinyl that I use. I found it pretty user friendly once I figured out how to tear the corner of the paper w/o tearing the transfer, lol. The one problem I ran into was when I went to do the second shirt right after the first as soon as the transfer touched the shirt it started ahearing which now that I know to be carefull and have it in the right spot before it touches the shirt I don't think it'll be an issue. I haven't tested them in the wash yet my kids wanted to wear them I figure that's a good test in and of itself. Don't worry I'm not selling any Disney logos, lol, this was just for testing purposes only.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you use a 50/50 black shirt or a cotton shirt? I just did one on black and all the white turned out almost grey. It's bright white on the cotton shirt the one that turned grey is 50/50. It doesn't look bad just different.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is it supposed to be white wherever you don't cut it?
And is it supposed to feel like it's glued onto the shirt, and look like it could easily peel off?

This is what I mean:

(See picture)

It has a much more significant "feel" that when I use JPSS.
Is it because I didn't use a vinyl cutter?
HELP

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is it supposed to be white wherever you don't cut it?
And is it supposed to feel like it's glued onto the shirt, and look like it could easily peel off?

This is what I mean:

(See picture)

It has a much more significant "feel" that when I use JPSS.
Is it because I didn't use a vinyl cutter?
HELP
It's supposed to be white where you don't cut it. You can use a razor blade to cut it if you don't have an opitcal cutter. It will feel heavier than the lights because the transfer is adhearing not just the ink. It shouldn't peel off, your pressure or dwell time may not be high enough if that's the case. And you don't have to reverse the image either.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didn't reverse the image, my webcam took the photo backwards.
The instructions said 350 for 30 seconds. I did that, but a corner was lifting, so I pressed another 15 seconds. Does it depend on the press? Should I experiment? How will I know what time is ideal?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you using the 3g jet opaque? My directions say heavy and I definately don't have a peeling problem on that setting. Try repressing it under heavy pressure and see what happens, you've got nothing to loose at this point. Don't forget to cover it too, lol, I almost forgot today that's why I mentioned it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jet Opaque II.
I think I just need to change it to heavy pressure. Plus, I can always experiment.
And yes, I covered it in parchment paper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, I'm Just going to print out colorful squares so it's easier to cut out, and print them all on one shirt with different settings to see which works best.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts