T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

we are completely new to this industry and have so many questions; it is rather disturbing. we are researching various t-shirt suppliers in terms of blanks.

any recommendations for quality places, if available, that provide t-shirts w/o their own labels. i've read several threads on this topic thus far but am still unclear on all the details. the removal of labels in order to put new ones on sounds fairly inefficient.

any thoughts on continentalclothing. they seem to have quite a bit of additional support-design type services. recommendations in that regard?

samples. are these easy to obtain from companies? do they typically charge? recommendations in this regard?

in addition, in terms of retailers, is there a minimum amount of designs one needs in order to present a line? the concern of having too many designs to start with is mostly economical. we have 6 solid designs thus far and are curious if this is sufficient.

this is my first post here but i plan to read a large portion of the threads available, will take notes and, im sure, return w/ many more. i really appreciate your input.

thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know Alternative Apparel also has services like that. You can check them out at www.alternativeapparel.com. They don't vintage style shirts and have decent quality, I've purchased a few. Can't say anything about Continental Clothing because I've never purchased a shirt from them, but people on the forum seem to like them.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
any recommendations for quality places, if available, that provide t-shirts w/o their own labels.
You won't find too many places to do this because of the labeling laws, but places like alternativeapparel,royalapparel, jerico sportswear who actually are manufacturers will label your shirts with YOUR label as the garments are made. They have higher minimums though (like 500+ pieces or something...you'll want to check with each place to see).

i've read several threads on this topic thus far but am still unclear on all the details. the removal of labels in order to put new ones on sounds fairly inefficient.
Not too ineffecient really. It's done all the time and when done by a seamstress or place that specializes in that type thing, it's not really a big deal.

any thoughts on continentalclothing. they seem to have quite a bit of additional support-design type services. recommendations in that regard?
They may be worth getting samples from. I've got a few samples from them and they have some cool styles.

samples. are these easy to obtain from companies? do they typically charge? recommendations in this regard?
You will probably have to pay for samples from most companies. Just contact each company and ask them (or order). I recently wanted some samples from theapparelagents.com, so I just went to their site and placed an order for 3 shirts. You won't get wholesale pricing on samples, but it will at least let you figure out which brands/styles are for you.

n addition, in terms of retailers, is there a minimum amount of designs one needs in order to present a line? the concern of having too many designs to start with is mostly economical. we have 6 solid designs thus far and are curious if this is sufficient
This is covered in some great past discussions. If you do a forum search (search box in the upper left hand corner of this site), and use the keyword:
retailers
.You'll find lots of great threads. In fact, on the www.t-shirtforums.com homepage, there are "Four Fine Threads" listed, and a couple of them have to do with retailers.

this is my first post here but i plan to read a large portion of the threads available, will take notes and, im sure, return w/ many more. i really appreciate your input.
There is a LOT of information here :) If you don't find your answer in a search or by browsing recent topics, feel free to post and we'll do our best to help.

:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts