T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm interested in starting up a t shirt business and am just wondering what are some popular themes/subjects to go with when going for designs. The t shirts would be for male and female. I understand I'll need to allow for the different age groups also. Thanks

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
One of the keys to success is to be original. While there's nothing wrong with studying current trends, it's important to understand that if something is popular now it's because someone else has already established that market share. Rather than trying to compete for that market share, you're better off focusing on new, unique ideas that you can launch and market in an effort to connect with your own target market.

That said, start by researching demographics and niche markets. See what interests you the most and what niche you think you can fill based on your own design style. Then figure out what that target audience is into. Maybe sports, classy, vintage, music, funny, pop culture, political, etc. Once you start narrowing it down, you can start developing your branding.

Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be original and stylish are the basic necessities for a successful t-shirt business.You may know that there exist great competition in this business,so you have to do something a bit different and attract your potential buyers.You may also need to launch possible promotion compaigns for your business in various possible ways.Depend on your social relations and connections,you may hold promotion activities for companies,supermarkets,big parties and travel organizations etc,they always have a good amount of shirts to go with.Different occasion has different theme.If you plan to sell retail,try to use your creativity and do a search in your local community,that is a very direct way to know how customers feedback on their chic and lovely t-shirts. Good luck,and wish u success ! (Tiggo Handbags)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with the guys above.
yes research is a big part, but each person has a certain style of design and that's why those brands that are great have gone a different route and explored their own creativity mixed with a bit of research.

Do what inspires you, from humour to clever sayings to graphics...have fun with it first!

Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.