T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I think there are SO many different t-shirt markets, I don't think there is an "out of style" design.

People are still buying fashion/political/slogan/artsy/wordy/vintage shirts by the droves.

Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The styles I have in mind combine wordy slogans with vintage art. It's just that I see so many of the vintage/retro/pop culture designs out there right now that I'm worried that my designs will be stale before they're even printed. I'm hoping the slogans will counter the my perceived saturated market.

On another note, when people post their designs for reviews and comments here, do you know if they have already copyrighted or trademarked their work?

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's all about market. Vintage doesn't look like it's going anywwhere, if anything it's expanding. One trend that is a constant seems to be very minimal color...like 1-2 colors in a design. Not sure if that fits in with the whole "vintage" thing or not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Niche. The market - pretty much any market these days - is splintered into niche. The TV market is a good case in point. You can get a channel devoted to cooking with woks, a channel that only shows documentaries on duck hunting, one on DIY house repair, etc. I think the proliferation and speed of communication these days automatically translates into numerous niches - ie., consumers can make their voices/tastes known in the public arena, and, subsequently, be focused and grouped by marketers.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
mannyphesto said:
On another note, when people post their designs for reviews and comments here, do you know if they have already copyrighted or trademarked their work?
Work is copyrighted from the moment it is created. As for whether or not they've actually officially registered it... obviously it's going to vary from person to person, but I think it's fair to say the majority of work posted is not registered and/or trademarked.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
Whats tie dye?
From Dharma Trading: http://www.dharmatrading.com/tie-dye/

dharma trading said:
Tie-dye describes a pattern of color made by preventing the dye from reaching some areas of the fabric while dyeing others. In just 5 easy steps, you can create wondrous patterns and unique designs to show off at any event!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts