T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please any guidance!
Im looking to carry a higher quality option that is 100% cotton or high cotton blends tear away label taped seams or flat seams MUST be very soft, like out of this world soft is the level soft im looking for
Then a i guess "regular shirt" that doesnt sacrifice too much on quality. Ya know the cost effective costumer option.
Looking at mens womens and youth.
Also any recommendations for tubular made womens men's and youths shirts?

· Registered
4,497 Posts
For ringspun 100% cotton fitted styles, I like Next Level 3600 (men) and 3900 (women). Label tears out. Price is good at distributors like S&S or Thinc Actionwear, and not all that much more than a low-budget shirt.

For a couple of dollars more, they have poly/cotton/Rayon tri-blends in crewnecks, raglans, and other styles. These are very soft, but tri-blends print a bit differently, and feel thinner for the same weight, and can get pilly with washing--not everyone likes them, but it is a premium option for those who do.

There is only about a dollar difference in price from a NL ringspun to a Gildan 2000 non-ringspun. I wouldn't bother offering the latter, as the price difference to the consumer is going to be negligible. The exception would be if you wanted to offer a heavier, boxier style shirt as an option to those who prefer that style. I do that, but I use Hanes Beefy-T, since it is ringspun.

A lot depends on your customers and what they would expect in your brand or service.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For ringspun 100% cotton fitted styles, I like Next Level 3600 (men) and 3900 (women). Label tears out. Price is good at distributors like S&S or Thinc Actionwear, and not all that much more than a low-budget shirt.

For a couple of dollars more, they have poly/cotton/Rayon tri-blends in crewnecks, raglans, and other styles. These are very soft, but tri-blends print a bit differently, and feel thinner for the same weight, and can get pilly with washing--not everyone likes them, but it is a premium option for those who do.

There is only about a dollar difference in price from a NL ringspun to a Gildan 2000 non-ringspun. I wouldn't bother offering the latter, as the price difference to the consumer is going to be negligible. The exception would be if you wanted to offer a heavier, boxier style shirt as an option to those who prefer that style. I do that, but I use Hanes Beefy-T, since it is ringspun.

A lot depends on your customers and what they would expect in your brand or service.
I appreciate the info, alot!. Ill have to look into the blends shirts you mentioned. My customer base for the softer higher quality shorts may require only 100% cotton. Im doing a communication/autism geared clothing so a very comfortable fit for those with sensory needs.
The first few you mentioned seem great i think I'll order some to test print and wash them! But with the Hanes shirt you mentioned hows the shrinking and is fit true to size? In my experience Hanes has just shrink or color wears out very quickly

· Registered
4,497 Posts
I appreciate the info, alot!. Ill have to look into the blends shirts you mentioned. My customer base for the softer higher quality shorts may require only 100% cotton. Im doing a communication/autism geared clothing so a very comfortable fit for those with sensory needs.
The first few you mentioned seem great i think I'll order some to test print and wash them! But with the Hanes shirt you mentioned hows the shrinking and is fit true to size? In my experience Hanes has just shrink or color wears out very quickly
Hanes Beefy-T 5180 is true to size for an old-school boxy cut shirt. 6.1 oz. All 100% cotton garments shrink some; I don't think Beefy-Ts do so beyond what is expected. Black looks blacker than Gildan to start with, and I haven't noticed color fading over time, but I only have a few Beefy-Ts in my current wardrobe, as these days I prefer the fit of American Apparel 2001 and Next Level 3600.

I gave up on AA the second time they went bankrupt as the supply chain was disrupted for months before Gildan took over and got the wheels turning again. But that's when I found Next Level, which in most ways are equivalent to AA 2001, but are better priced and always have side seams (there was no rhyme or reason to when a given size/style of AA would have a side seam or not ... which is just silly and makes you wonder WTF?).

Good luck with your project.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeh i noticed the quality on AAA has gone down massively recently and also with Hanes beefy, i know the shrinkage on them is big but when the neck rib stretches out after 1 wash you gotta think theres more elastic in them than cotton, i've been on the hunt for decent double jersey or combed cotton blanks for a good year now...long.

· Registered
10 Posts
Yeh i noticed the quality on AAA has gone down massively recently and also with Hanes beefy, i know the shrinkage on them is big but when the neck rib stretches out after 1 wash you gotta think theres more elastic in them than cotton, i've been on the hunt for decent double jersey or combed cotton blanks for a good year now...long.

Glad to know that others are having this issue. I have been using these tees for years and the sizing and material are both different now. I contacted them and they assured me that nothing has changed, although they admitted that they are using different sources since the acquisition of their company. Go figure. Check out Next Level Apparel. I have one of their poly cotton blends and it is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.