T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is for anyone who is looking for a start up supplier of screen printing equipment and supplies, to anyone who is just considering changing their supplier.
I would just like to share my experience in the hope of preventing anyone else feeling as annoyed and deflated as i do :)
To be brief, I was looking to begin a small printing operation using affordable, beginers screen printing equipment and after searching for days for a supplier of a startup kit within europe so as to save on delivery I stumbled upon Wicked Printing Supplies.
I found what looked like a fairly inclusive kit that was affordable and suitable for me, so I emailed to check delivery prices and turnaround time. I was emailed the same day to say I could have it within two weeks so I purchased it immediately.
3 weeks later no delivery, 4 weeks later and several unanswered emails no delivery, six weeks later 3 quarters delivered still no email response and missing enough components that I couldnt begin printing. 7 weeks got answer to email about missing stuff (no excuses). Would receive missing equipment in 3 days. Week 9 and a half still not received. :mad:
From searching forums etc I have found this is quite normal for this mock company.
So just a warning to anyone starting these people will probably finish you and not to be fooled by a quick friendly first response as this turns to absolute contempt when they receive your money.
Hope this is of some help to someone.

· Registered
9 Posts
YIKES. . . Sad but true. I have been in the Screen Printing Supply Business for 47 years and I understand your frustration. Now here is the skinny. . . .Suppliers have a difficult time finding qualified employees who not only understand the Process of Screen Printing but who are tuned into Customer Service. Screen Printing Supplies are being sold as a commodity and not with any real knowledge of the use of the products. There are dozens of SHAM suppliers and hundreds of people get trapped by their sales pitches. Cheap Junk (Presses, Exposure Units, Dryers) is being sold as if they were the finest pieces if manufacturing equipment. How to avoid the TRAP. . . contact a supplier that belongs to the SGIA ( Screen Graphics and Imaging Association) and who can demonstrate over the phone the details of Screen Fabrics, Inks, Chemicals, and equipment. If in doubt, contact . . [email protected] and I will set you straight. . Been Their and Done That for many years. Ciao

· Registered
394 Posts
I just got a startup hobby package from lawson.

I was supposed to get 30 pieces of consumable supplies.

6 I didn't get at all. 8 are either much smaller quantities or inferior products. I called them and this asshole tells me that what ever is on the packing list is what I agreed to buy. I ordered the stuff with one of their employees face to face and she was holding a sheet with the list of 30 items and said point blank that I'd be getting all the stuff.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,im new on here but saw this thread and thought i'd better add my own experience of wicked printing stuff. ive been using this company for 4 years since i started printing shirts with a waterbased full kit supplied by them. apart from sending me some really pale black ink one time, ive never really had a problem until july this year. i use, among other colours, a white opaque ink that has always been fine to use and has never caused me any trouble......until now. they supplied a new kind which is absolutely terrible. it smells strongly of garlic and dries on the screen after making just one print. it will not wash off the screen with just water (as the previous brand did) and i had to scrub it so hard that my image wore away leaving just the white ink there. after complaining over 10 times and even resorting to opening up a dispute with paypal to get my money back (although why i thought paypal would help me, i dont know......thanks for that paypal) i received absolutely nothing from wicked printing stuff. in the end i wrote and told them that fair enough, i accept defeat but could you please tell me how to get it off my screen......nothing. i even re-ordered some different coloured ink with a message asking them if they had gone back to their old brand or whether they were likely to in the future..........my order arrived but still absolutely nothing about the white ink. ive missed out on countless orders for black shirts since this happened and feel that their customer service is appalling. if i could find another supplier of waterbased inks in the uk that is happy to sell small amounts to me for around the same price then i wouldnt hesitate to go there. i would strongly recommend against using this company, not due to the price and not due to the products (after all, ive been happy to use them for 4 years), but for the fact that if you have a problem they dont want to know and ignore any attempt to get in touch with them, even loyal customers that have gone back to them time after time.

· Registered
314 Posts
I hate that you had that issue with Lawson. I have had absolutely ZERO disputes with Lawson and they have been nothing but friendly. I wouldn't dream of doing business with anyone else and hope this was a sad misunderstanding. Hang in there and better luck next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.