T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone that's done shipping of their products.....i'm thinking of ordering uline polybags to cover my shirts during shipping and was wondering is there a noticeable difference in 1mm and 2mm bags? Which would you resommend using?

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Re: polybag thickness

I think there is a noticeable difference.

Personally, I like the 2mil better. The 1mil kind of feels like saran wrap to me and I get a "cheap" feeling anytime I get something in the 1mil.

The price difference isn't that much, and I think every little bit counts.

I think it also depends on what kind of shirts you're shipping. If you print custom orders for customers, and you're shipping them their order, I don't think it's a big deal.

On the other hand, if you've got your own brand, site, etc. and you're shipping those shirts to individual customers, I think the thicker 2mil is better. Also, if you've got retail accounts and you're shipping your branded shirts to a store, I'd go with the 2mil in that instance also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I personally like heavier poly bags. I just ordered 2.75 MIL recycled poly bags from National Envelope. They have a stock envelope that is 12 x 15 and it only has a 1,000 min, the price is only about $0.24 each.

·
Registered
424 Posts
We bought the 1mm unline bags and will be ordering 2mm for certain next time. The 1mm does the job most of the time but when stuffing XL shirts in, it sometimes tears the flap over portion. The bag itself is ok but as someone else noted, it does feel pretty close to saran wrap. If I could do it over, I'd spring for the 2mm.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The 1mm does the job most of the time but when stuffing XL shirts in, it sometimes tears the flap over portion.
Get the next size up bag. The mailer bags serve a single function -- protect the contents during shipping. 2mil is overkill for shipping a t-shirt. It's not like the contents are fragile.

The last batch I got was 1mm and they're working out just fine. Unless I get reports that they bags disintegrated in transit, I'll stick to 1mm.

I paid $20 for 500 ($.04 each).

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Get the next size up bag. The mailer bags serve a single function -- protect the contents during shipping. 2mil is overkill for shipping a t-shirt. It's not like the contents are fragile.

The last batch I got was 1mm and they're working out just fine. Unless I get reports that they bags disintegrated in transit, I'll stick to 1mm.

I paid $20 for 500 ($.04 each).
Where do you get your bags from?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where do you get your bags from?
I'm not sure where he got his from, but we use Uline.com, they have GREAT prices. They have 1mil and 2mil polybags pretty cheap for a case of 1000 ($30-50) and they have polybags w/ fold over flaps, also in 1mil and 2mil, for slightly more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts