T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am sublimating with to a white 65/35% poly t-shirt and when doing so I am getting square paper marks on the t-shirt (no heat platen marks). I contacted my two suppliers for advice and one told to leave it for 24 hours and it will go away (currently doing this), while the other suggested I try and steam out the marks – is this possible as I can’t find anyone else suggesting this and don’t want to buy new equipment only for it to fail.

Any advice or tips would be great on this. Hopefully, the first supplier is correct and the marks will just go away as it is a poly-cotton t-shirt.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I contacted my two suppliers for advice and one told to leave it for 24 hours and it will go away (currently doing this), while the other suggested I try and steam out the marks – is this possible as I can’t find anyone else suggesting this and don’t want to buy new equipment only for it to fail.
This does work, but ONLY for heat-press marks on colored polyester caused by the loss of moisture.
You basically add the moisture back and the color returns to normal.
You obviously don't have this problem, so buying a steamer is pointless.

I am getting square paper marks on the t-shirt
Just tear the edges of the paper to create soft edges.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The trick is to us a pressing pillow that is larger than the image but smaller than the paper. That way you don't get a hard crease around the paper edge. You can also use a high temp soft foam. Conde sells the VaporWear kit that has a whole roll of it. I use it all the time for tricky sizes like backpack pockets or the odd sleeve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts