T-Shirt Forums banner

Poly blend shirts

5K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  mgparrish 
#1 ·
Hi folks, anyone know of a supplier who sell poly blend tees higher than 50/50? I'm doing dye sub. I know places that do 100% but I'm Not a fan of the blue specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

#8 ·
Rayon is made of cellulose fibre. It's neither natural or synthetic fabric. It is so-called semi-synthetic.
I have printed on poly/rayon blends only a couple of times - the result was a little better than poly/cotton and worse than just poly.

The fabric you are reffering to is essentially only 50% polyester, so you can expect a very "distressed" and faded look; however, it will be marginally better than 50/50% poly/cotton.

#12 · (Edited)
I've had pretty good success printing on poly cotton 50/50 this past week.
I press my shirts before sublimating, and have had great results producing pretty vivid color, but of course cannot achieve a full black, more like a 70% grey.

I set my temp at 400 and let it cook for a minute, sometimes i leave it in an extra few seconds. My paper gets thoroughly toasted, and releases MUCH of the dye to the garment without burning them.

sorry, forgot to add, most of the shirts i printed on were from next :p white, and heather grey :)

#13 ·
If you can do an extra press before you sublimate there is a product that will enhance the ability to except sublimation onto a cotton/poly fabric. It is called Liquid CottonTrans Spray. It puts a poly resin into the cotton fiber of a shirt that is not 100% POLY. It will fade 5-10% after the first washing depending on the actual poly content of the fiber, but will look like 100% polyester beforethe first washing , so warn your customers.
Is the " Liquid CottonTrans Spray" your product that you are selling?

#16 ·
Adding to your point, if the blue specs are not there on the material coming from the factory then they are happening because the t-shirt actually has an electrical charge and is attracting debris from the air.

Moist air the particles floating around are heavier and tend not to float around as freely and fall to the ground eventually. Dry air is more conductive to electrical charge.

Polymer is a plastic and plastic can develop a charge. If you pre-press a Poly t-shirt the pressure and temp can also "charge" a t-shirt that is essentially a plastic.

Pulling a poly t-shirt out of hot dryer you can get a good idea how much charge the shirt can have.

An evap type cooler can add moisture to the air as can a vaporizer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.