T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how and what the cheapest way would be to poly bag your t-shirts?

Thanks,

Parker

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know a company that does postage bags in the UK? I have been posting t-shirts in standard Post Office bags and it doesn't look very professional.....probably because it isn't. Also, where can I find decent poly bags that are just clear and simple. I need them to wrap my items straight after I have printed them.

Many thanks and long live Yellowdog!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just as InfraRed said, there are people who sell all types of packaging on Ebay.

You will defo find what you need on there.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I use a flip-fold to fold the shirts and have a special bag made that slips right over the flip fold to slip the shirt into the polybag, I need to take a video to show how slick it works. I also use a vented bag because it is much easier to close the bag as it lets all the air out, and have the suffocation warning printed on the bag as required by law in some states. It took me a while , I couldnt find the perfect setup, but this works slick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know a company that does postage bags in the UK? I have been posting t-shirts in standard Post Office bags and it doesn't look very professional.....probably because it isn't. Also, where can I find decent poly bags that are just clear and simple. I need them to wrap my items straight after I have printed them.

Many thanks and long live Yellowdog!
There is a website called postpack that deal with all these sorts of things, you may want to check them out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
newbie question, should you have artwork (company name/logo) on the polybag or no? I wuld use them inside a mailer and also at festivals for protection. Would a sticker be tacky?

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice bag, however, a bit thick at 2mil. I use this Store Supply and get 500 1mil shirt bags, with a fold over flap for $18 and change. Wholesale Garment Bags | 12
I don't need 1,000 at a time so this is perfect for me and have been using these for several years.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
should you have artwork (company name/logo) on the polybag or no?
You could, but it's not likely to be worth the cost.

Would a sticker be tacky?
If you mean sticking a sticker on the side of the bag instead of printing on the bag, then personally I think yes.

But if you mean using a small sticker to seal the bag instead of using tape, it's quite common and an easy/cheap way to add another piece of branding. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice bag, however, a bit thick at 2mil. I use this Store Supply and get 500 1mil shirt bags, with a fold over flap for $18 and change. Wholesale Garment Bags | 12
I don't need 1,000 at a time so this is perfect for me and have been using these for several years.
Do the bags on the link still have the flap? I was looking at them and it looks like they don't have a flap, at least from that picture.

BTW those aren't poly bags are they? They look like regular plastic bags. I'm wondering what would work better a 1mil poly bag or a bag like this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts