T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
:welcome:

How large would be considered plus size?

I know some major manufacturers carry 2x (and I think 3x) women's t-shirts.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
As I just recommended in another thread, the Hanes Silver shirts are a nice choice for ladies' cut shirts. The type I'm using (SL00) goes up to 3XL for white, black, and red - and 2XL for all colors. (This is at S&S Activewear; don't know if the available sizes vary with distributor.)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does anyone have info on womens plus size blanks available in the UK? Most of the suppliers here seem to think that XL = 38" chest on a womens tee, when they go up that far and I've yet to find anything that goes higher. Everything seems to point to womens tees being for the petite sizes and everyone else can wear the mens tees.

I've been advised by my potential customers that they want larger sizes and that they also like the ladies styles, but finding the 2 together has been beyond me :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
From my experience fat ladies like shirts like Anvil 978 and Gildan 2000L more than more form fitting ladies shirts. Both of these run pretty big...so 2X is actually rather big. I think the Gildan 2000L look more "lady like" than the Anvil shirts due to the colar and sleeve cut, but I don't think they offer 3X.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts