T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been reading the other posts in this forum and have been greatly suprised by the insight that goes into the site critiques, so I though it would really help if I could get some input myself.
The site is www.plunderwear.com
I have been live for just under a week now and haven't really done any aggressive marketing because my inventory is quite low just in case this blows up in my face.
I would love any feedback on site and product design.
For the record I have been debating the splash page, which I know is a big potentially destructive faux-pa in webdesign, but I feel that with a homepage devoid of a featured item/new product section the splash page serves as a branding image for the site. Once I have more product establishment I'll lose the page.

Ok Thanks in advance for the feedback
And feel free to include pirate jokes in your responses
they will most likely end up on the site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like it, good luck! I don't like flash intros and others might agree? but i like seeing the web page right up front no intros just show me what you got. Or have a "skip intro" at least ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody likes the flash intros, despite the fact that its one 2 seconds at most. Daaah, well one day soon it will die the tragic death that so many pretty flash animations has died. But until then, x marks the spot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well if I could add one more thing is maybe add a pic of a design or shirt or something in the flash intro or mainpage ?

;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, splash pages are pretty much out of business.

Perhaps you could brand your site with an alternative design or image?
Maybe your own photo?
I use my header to brand my shops, my customer know it.
I also use a very tiny portion of my design that has my brand, so the customer knows how to return to my shops for future purchases.
It has really helped me in advertising.
Camie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I am still working on the overall branding of the site/products. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with everything right now because I am way too tied up in the always exciting world of creating effective banner ads.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words, your site wasn't too bad either. I actually thought that it was very clean and professional. I liked the small flash animation built into your logo/banner it is a nice subtle touch that gives it a lot of intrigue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts