T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help.

I am ready to get going with this little project I have in mind.
I've been reading all kinds of forums and supplier websites, I'm ready to buy my equipment BUT need to clarify what kind of ink I should be getting.

Heat transfers for sure.....
What I want to do is to be able to print and transfer onto 100% cotton & blended T-shirts(white & dark) , mouse pads , cups etc....

I was planning planning on ordering the Dye Sub inks for the epson I will be buying ...
Will I be able to transfer onto the the things I have listed above?
What restrictions will I have if I use Dye Sub inks?
What is the difference between dye sub and plastisol transfers ?

Please help me

:confused:

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lucy,

I am looking into just a starter screen package too. But things seem to be easier to find for the screen prinitng info ...and heat press seems to be confusing me

just wanna be clear ...so digital transfers = print + transfer paper + garment + heat press ?

whatabout for darker shirts ? do the opaque transfers really work alot better ? bright colors ? is there a film that is transfered to the T or is it just the colors? ..what happens with areas in the image that are white ?

How long have u been in the biz ?

I'll take u up on yr offer and PM u for people sellers in my area.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rodney said:
Sounds like either opaque transfers or plastisol transfers would be what you're looking for.
Hey Rodney,

Thanks for yr input.

So I could use the Sub Dye inks in my epson + opaque/plastisol transfers for 100% cotton ?

Lucy (bless her soul for helping me so much ) has said that the plastisol transfers are done by screen printing and then transfering to the T-shirt when needed. What is their shelf life?

Thanks !!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your input guys.....

So if I wanted to do sublimation on things like mousepads clockfaces mugs etc AND T-shirts(dark and 100% cotton) would the best thing to do is have 2 printers with separate ink types( regular inkjet and one with Sub Dye) ?

What say you ?

Would I have to trim around the image on the transfer for both opaque and regular transfer papers?

thanks

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rodney said:
Plastisol Transfers do not need to be trimmed and leave no residue.
Thanks Rodney

I've read and read but i gotta ask what is a Plastisol transfer?
My understanding (thanks Lucy) is that u screen print yr image onto the transfer sheet using plastisol ink, then heat press onto the garment.

Is this correct?
What is the beneft of this procedure?

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.