T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,237 Posts
rookie905 said:
Please help me

:confused:
if transfers is the direction you are going and not a screen print set up, you can start off by making digital transfers, not a big investment.

For screen printed type transfers using plastisol inks and for plotter cut or die-cut transfers etc... you can start off by using a manufacturer of such.

Heck, even if you start doing digital transfers only, you can still offer clients other transfer types etc... just take orders and pass it along to a manufacturer.

As your biz grows... start investing in whatever equip. you feel is needed.

If you need some contacts in your area for transfers and screen printers PM me.

hope this helps you out some. :D

· Registered
4,237 Posts
rookie905 said:
Thanks D.Evo

So what is going to allow me to print onto 100% cotton and darks using this Heat Transfer method ?
basically with jet or lazer transfers etc... to print on dark shirts you need to use opaque transfers or do a 2 step where you print the transfer/design on to an opaque backing material, hand cut or plotter cut around the design and then heat press it on to the shirt.

im not an expert with digital transfers, but i think thats how it works.

Mind you that doing it this way to print on darks involves a lot more work/time etc... i guess it's cool when you make samples. one offs, photo shoots, tv etc.... since they feel and wear different from screen printed type process.

BTW, im impressed of how much research you are doing.... good job. :D

· Registered
4,237 Posts
rookie905 said:
Lucy (bless her soul for helping me so much ) has said that the plastisol transfers are done by screen printing and then transfering to the T-shirt when needed. What is their shelf life?

Thanks !!
ah-shukz, your nice. :eek:

the idea is to sell them and not store them...LOL

I would not store them in a trunk of a car in the desert tho.

long shelf life....

even with the old type inks like the X-IT or Airwaves transfers from 25 years ago they still work.... mind you that the inks our days are a lot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.