T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Pls guys i need help.. i had attended a training for silkscreening but it was a trash.. because the speaker didnt taught us on how to make stencils the easy way.. i want to make a small clothing line and i thought of a tshirt at first.. but im practicing for 6mos now and its all messed up.. i dont know how to stencil.. i want to use photoshop cs3 and print it to an acetate paper.. but it doesnt work? is there anyway to make it happen? because i dont wanna do tracing for it will cost me a lot of hardships and time.. pls help me.. tanx a lot..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can you give us a little more information. i can't figure out what you are doing wrong. I have been screening for about 2 months and have processed over 600 shirts without any major problems. Only human error and learning from my mistakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh im very sorry if i didnt make it clear.. what i mean is,, i dont know how to do stenciling.. ? i always had my image printed on a bond paper and trace it using a bond paper that i spread baby oils to make it like a tracing paper (that is what our instructor taught us) but i dont like that way.. im thinking if its possible to make a stencil image using photoshop and just print it using transparent film or acetate paper ,, i want to make a good stencil output in my silkscreen frame.. im so messed up because im so confused with what the instructor taught us.. pls help me..

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Screen printing and stenciling have some similarities but are two different things.

First I recommend this book: How to print t-shirts for fun and profit
Amazon.com: How to Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit!: Scott O. Fresener: Books

Second, there are some excellent videos on youtube that will give you an overview of the process but may be lacking details. YouTube - Ryonet's Channel

Third, after reviewing the above sources, come and ask questions but if you want specific answers, you need to ask specific questions. Right now your posts are so vague we can only guess at what you need to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okey thank you guys so much for the help.. it means a lot to me.. ill check on it.. and get back quick if i still have questions... tanx

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I think he just wants to know how to burn a screen with a transparency positive. He is asking if he can make a usable transparency straight out of photoshop and printed on his desktop printer.

Then again he may actually be wanting to create an actual acetate stencil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) tanx for showing me the video in youtube.. it was very helpful and that is exactly im talking about.. you make stencil out of photoshop and be printed on a laser printer.. they say that they reccomend epson for RIP software.. i wonder if any of you knows what RIP software is? tanx guys.. im sorry if i ask too much.. god speed

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
:) tanx for showing me the video in youtube.. it was very helpful and that is exactly im talking about.. you make stencil out of photoshop and be printed on a laser printer.. they say that they reccomend epson for RIP software.. i wonder if any of you knows what RIP software is? tanx guys.. im sorry if i ask too much.. god speed
If you are simply printing an image on paper to cut out, i am not sure rip software is needed. Anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts