T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the need for a plotter..

I looked at the little ones.. 8 to 15 inch and afraid I may out grow them to quickly.. Right now I need it mainly for lettering in conjunction with my airbrushing..

My price range is low ... like under 700.

I found two that are 24" and come with signgo software
the other one I think is flex..

I am so confused now I don't know what to get or not to get..

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Blu, I just bought a graphtec 2100ce 24" off ebay for $900.00 with shipping included and 6 rolls of vinyl to practice with as I am a newbie to this area. I will be using it to do mostly shirts. If confronted I would consider doing some small sign work. This plotter is 1 1/2 years old with minimal usage and also from all the reading I have done on this forum and a few others they all say to stay with the brand name equipment. If you look long and hard you will find somthing close to your price range, but remember unless you have a program to cut with you may have to purchase additional software. I am using corel with a bridge program called sign tools 3 that was suggeted by a friend. Hope this helps but again if you are patient you should be able to find what you are looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for replying.

As to cutting for me.. thank you.. However, the problem is speed. Most things I will need on demand and won't have time for the mail..

I will keep it in mind though, one never knows what each day will bring.

Thank you for the reply on the flexi, that helps..
Do you know if, with the flexi, you can use your own fonts with it?
I have several already and would like to use them, if I can.. Yes, I did see that if the plotter does not come with some sort of software you must purchase it seperate and that can get costly.

I will keep looking.. I have to be patient, I have no choice. :eek:)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Yes you can use your own fonts in flexi. If you need a site for free fonts try dafont.com it is super. Another great sign program is signlab. Sometimes on ebay you can pick up a complete sign cutting pakg. slighty used by someone that just didnt get the time to work it all out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts