T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a Houston Instruments DMP-162 36" Plotter/Cutter. The person I will be buying this from purchased it refurbished a few years ago and due to medical issues, never even took it out of the box it was sent to him in. It comes with Flexisign Pro 7.02, cutting blade, pen holder, cutter assembly, 8 new plotter pens, 2 pen adapters, ultimate vehicle graphics cd and of course the complete unit with rollers and legs.

He is asking $500, but not knowing anything about this brand, I figured I would ask you guys.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Kenny

· Registered
176 Posts
I have been offered a Houston Instruments DMP-162 36" Plotter/Cutter. The person I will be buying this from purchased it refurbished a few years ago and due to medical issues, never even took it out of the box it was sent to him in. It comes with Flexisign Pro 7.02, cutting blade, pen holder, cutter assembly, 8 new plotter pens, 2 pen adapters, ultimate vehicle graphics cd and of course the complete unit with rollers and legs.

He is asking $500, but not knowing anything about this brand, I figured I would ask you guys.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Kenny
Kenny, the Flexi Pro 7.x is a GREAT find! Although graphixdirect.com and SAi have DIS-CONTINUED support of Flexi Pro 7. What WINDOWs operating system will you be using? Rather than spend time and money on trying to get the H-I "square peg" to fit in a "round hole"; go ahead and shop for the right size vinyl cutter to fit your business needs.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Richard and Tim for your responses.

Rather than spend time and money on trying to get the H-I "square peg" to fit in a "round hole"; go ahead and shop for the right size vinyl cutter to fit your business needs.
I am back to looking again. While it would be nice to get whatever vinyl cutter I wanted or needed, but price has been holding me back. I can get the 500-600 cutter and with the little business I have it would be fine. Once things start going better, then the cutter, being made for hobby cutting, will not suffice the demands. I guess I could bank all profits from the vinyl and use it to buy the bigger unit later. Will keep all options open for now.

Thanks again guys.

· Registered
176 Posts
Thank you Richard and Tim for your responses.

I am back to looking again. While it would be nice to get whatever vinyl cutter I wanted or needed, but price has been holding me back. I can get the 500-600 cutter and with the little business I have it would be fine. Once things start going better, then the cutter, being made for hobby cutting, will not suffice the demands. I guess I could bank all profits from the vinyl and use it to buy the bigger unit later. Will keep all options open for now.

Thanks again guys.
Before you "give up" on your search, what graphics software are you using, Illustrator or CorelDraw? What kind of computer are you using? You may be a few dollar$ away from getting yourself into business!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.