T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of pleasedressme.com? They are supposedly a t-shirt search engine. I contacted them about possibly getting my site indexed with them, but I am wondering how popular that site is, or if people even use it. If not, then there's no point in me paying them money to list my shirts or whatever.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
All I can say Ryan, is that it only appears on google, courtesy of two forums it is mentioned in. :(

Think the vast majority of potential customers are going to look on the primary search engines to find what they are seeking.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I'm thinking I'll not bother with them. My roommate happen to stumble on the site, and sent me the link. It was worth looking into, I guess.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Looks like it's mostly affiliate links to t-shirt sites by the site owner.

I like the organization by color though.

I prefer rumplo.com though. Not full of affiliate links, and has a really nice organization.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah they told me they mostly deal through affiliates, but would be willing to work something out with me. They wanted to talk to me over the phone or AIM. I haven't gotten back to them. I guess I'll look into rumplo.com first

·
Registered
91 Posts
A buddy of mine who is in the industry told me about the site and said it was backed by the inventor of digg.com.

What that means exactly I'm not sure ahahha.

For anybody wondering, I contacted pleasedressme about getting my shirts on the site. They replied

"Hey Jeff thanks for reaching out!

We are SUPER behind on indexing and are neck deep in requests.

We will get back to you in a few weeks when we can work together.

Thanks,
AJ"

·
Registered
91 Posts
If they are that indifferent to new business, they really aren't worth bothering with. :(

That's how you see it. I see it as two guys who have a great idea and are overloaded with guys like me trying to get their shirts on there.

I for one would love to see my shirts on there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got in contact with someone at pleasedressme, and he told me he's going to call me early next week to discuss my options. I'll let you all know how it goes!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to chime in and say hi. This is AJ Vaynerchuk, one of the 3 co-founders of PleaseDressMe.

If you have reached out for us and not had an immediate inclusion into our site it is because we are WAY behind on indexing. Please realize that we are manually adding in sites by hand to ensure quality and accuracy. We have had over 300 different websites contact us to include their Tshirts.

In regards to the inventor of Digg (Kevin Rose) being a founder of PleaseDressMe that is a bit off. Joe Stump, the lead architecht over at Digg is a co-founder. Kevin is actually a very good friends of all 3 of us (the third member being Gary Vaynerchuk).

Thanks again and I hope you guys find PleaseDressMe helpful!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts