T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to cut this on my roland gx24 using the the roland cut studio software. Could someone take a look and tell me what I need to do for easy weeding of it.

Much Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Doesn't appear to be that much weeding work. It does appear to be about 5 or 6 layers though. Do you already have this in vector format?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am seeing two layers - Lay down the green and then the blue. I would take the jpg into photoshop - remove the blue and save as green.jpg - then do vice versa with the blue. So now you have a jpg of each color. I use Inkscape - so then I would let inkscape trace it and save it as a .svg (again one for each color) - open in corel or illustrator and send to cutstudio (Roland software). Lay the green out and then the blue on top.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well lets have a poll on how many layers, how about it? Jesus H.

To me, it depends on the way you would do it. I would do it different because I felt like I would have trouble in one area of that. If you would read the other thread I explained it, but let's reticule others a little more. Idiots.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Also, everyone on this forum talks about helping people, but this thread is well over two days old. NO one else was offering any insightful information, only negative comments about how someone else is wrong, in order to make yourself feel better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
David, I felt like I would have a problem with the 2K1 which is why I guess I went that route. I mean they are right it can just as easy be done in 2 layers, I guess it just got to me that everyone decided to jump at the chance to prove me wrong, vs helping the thread starter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
David, I felt like I would have a problem with the 2K1 which is why I guess I went that route. I mean they are right it can just as easy be done in 2 layers, I guess it just got to me that everyone decided to jump at the chance to prove me wrong, vs helping the thread starter.
I, for one, have no need to prove you wrong. It was a simple observation. A solution for laying this out had been given after your post & I agreed. And another user had offered to convert the jpg. What else could be offered to the thread starter?

Now, as you were jumping the gun & getting unnecessarily defensive, I was spending my personal time vectorizing & analyzing the image to determine if the blue should be laid 1st or if the green should be, as was suggested.

I determined that it could be done green 1st, then blue, as suggested. But, there may also be gaps between the colors. So, I looked at laying the blue 1st ADDING a contour around the word REBEL. Then laying the green on top to seal the edges. Not quite sure how to word it, but here's the blue, then green, then a transparency showing the seal.

Still two colors. Maybe that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
What are the disadvantages of cutting the green solid, then laying the blue on top of the green? There is not much room for error on the registration.

My experience with t-shirt vinyl has been that it tends to shrink and tight registration like this makes it a nightmare to line up the second piece. With a solid background I you have more tolerance for registration errors. I realize that you have more hand on the shirt, but I haven't had a client mention this as being a problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The green needs to be cut solid for sure and the blue inlined in the 2K part of the design. Trying to line up outlines like the examples posted is pointless.
David, take a look at my post on page one. I made the blue solid instead of the green. What are your thoughts on that approach?

·
Registered
258 Posts
With the blue solid and green on top you would still need perfect registration and could be just as tough. If your doing this with just vinyl on a banner you can use three crop marks to line it up and that helps. You can't do the crop marks with a t-shirt though - client's tend to ask why there are three plus signs around the logo!! LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts