T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

i just bought a color printer, Oki C5600n and did some transfers on white and dark shirts. Could you help me on some problems below as everything is so new to me at start.

1- The color of the printed output from OKi is quite different with the colors previewed on the computer screen.

I have read help and color correction utility (Office pallete and Hue & saturation tuning) of Oki but i dosnt' help.

Does anyone facing the same color problem? do you have any tips to advise me how to match the color on the screen and the output? thanks very much

2- the artwork printed on white shirt is OK, but on dark shirt the colors not shown up, example: red, purple colors not shown up well or become all black on dark shirts.

Can you explain to me why? shoudd I have to do some treatment or buy another kind of transfer paper especially for dark shirt?

3- for heat press

could you advise

- which temprature is best suitable and for how long?

i have tried to set some temprature settings, i.e: 195oC for 45 seconds, and 175oC for 60-65 seconds

i found both work ok.

which setting you often do to get best quality?

Thank you very much for advise

F5

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Your dwell time and temp are too high for opaque transfer. When the temp and dwell time are too high the transfer will melt into the shirt and become transparent. That is why your colors do not come out right because the color of the shirt is showing through. Manufacturer instructions sometimes does not necessarily work. I found that in order for the transfer to work I have to drastically drop the values from the factory settings.

I press between 176C to 182C and 6 to 8 seconds dwell time with medium pressure with vinyl type opaque transfer.

I use Airwaves Fabric opaque which is made of 100% polyester fabric. It is a two step transfer. It can withstand 205C, longer dwell time and heavy pressure without becoming transparent.

BTW what brand of opaque transfer are using?

IronAll dark, Translution dark, Alpha Gold and Jetwear dark are the popular brands in the forum. These are vinyl type opaques.

For lights I use Duracotton HT and Imageclip. Imageclip is self weeding two step transfer which does not leave polymer window in and around the image open areas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi friends,

i just bought a color printer, Oki C5600n and did some transfers on white and dark shirts. Could you help me on some problems below as everything is so new to me at start.

1- The color of the printed output from OKi is quite different with the colors previewed on the computer screen.

I have read help and color correction utility (Office pallete and Hue & saturation tuning) of Oki but i dosnt' help.

Does anyone facing the same color problem? do you have any tips to advise me how to match the color on the screen and the output? thanks very much

2- the artwork printed on white shirt is OK, but on dark shirt the colors not shown up, example: red, purple colors not shown up well or become all black on dark shirts.

Can you explain to me why? shoudd I have to do some treatment or buy another kind of transfer paper especially for dark shirt?

3- for heat press

could you advise

- which temprature is best suitable and for how long?

i have tried to set some temprature settings, i.e: 195oC for 45 seconds, and 175oC for 60-65 seconds

i found both work ok.

which setting you often do to get best quality?

Thank you very much for advise

F5
I have no good news for you on a simple fix to color matching. There are co's that make tons of money off of tools to facilitate this. I don't know about your Oki driver, but it should have facilities in it for tweaking your output. Some programs have more advanced options than others for color matching. For instance, CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop support printer ICC profiles. This is a real quick fix to many issues, but it's not perfect either. If your program supports ICC profiles, check with Oki and see if they have any.

Transfer papers are different for light and dark shirts. As with Luis, I too use Neenah ImageClip for light shirts. My preference is Neenah Laser1 Opaque for dark shirts. Beware: if you are imprinting to a dark polyester, the coloring of the shirt will bleed through to the front of the transfer.

All transfer papers have their own heat and dwell times. You need to consult the vendor on the specifics of your paper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts