T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Usually the color correction is +5 Cyan, +5 Magenta, -15 yellow. This will help a lot for the Epson Pigment ink.

Give it a try!

Bonnie Williams,
Embroidery Art Service
Kansas City, MO

· Registered
5,448 Posts
its a epson 1400..i tried rgb color pallete.didnt change.i changed to greyscale in the printer window didnt work?????
I have a 1400 printer, select grayscale from the printer menu. Now the only thing you can manipulate is contrast and brightness. This should work fine.

· Registered
5,448 Posts
OK, try this...

1. On the advanced printer settings hit grayscale.
2. Nothing checked on layout, general or prepress unless you are sizing etc.
3. Go to Misc., Check print vectors, bitmaps, text, check all colors grayscale and on bitmap downsampling check grayscale.

This is for printing directly out of Corel.

This should fix your problem. Let us know how it goes.

· Registered
600 Posts
thanks,,that worked,,so i guess if im printing a color picture with with a grey shadow on a text or something.it will have to have the greenish shade in it?
It shouldn't have the cast.

I came across this in the support documents at epson:
http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pho140/pho140mc.pdf

From what you have described, it sounds like you may be trying to double profile. That is, one selected in Corel and one selected in the printer drive.

The color management document suggests turning off color management in the printer driver and let Corel/Photoshop manage color.

Have a read anyway and see if it helps.

· Registered
5,448 Posts
thanks,,that worked,,so i guess if im printing a color picture with with a grey shadow on a text or something.it will have to have the greenish shade in it?

Nope, if you follow my directions you will get black and white and a true grayscale. First set of instructions for printing out of windows viewer. Second set of instructions for printing out of Corel.

· Registered
884 Posts
Set your workspace in your graphics program to CMYK. If you are using RGB that is a monitor setting. When you see RGB on your screen it looks great but, when you print to a CMYK printer it is interpreting your color differently or it could be the way your save as file type handles transparencies, which is what shadows are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.