T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone.

I have been searching for a very specific type of 100% cotton t-shirt to buy in bulk. Here are the characteristics I am after:

1) Longer body (torso)
2) Shorter short-sleeves
3) Narrow hem at collar
4) Collar not tight on neck
5) Slim cut
6) Soft, thin and lightweight (under 4oz)

I have tried every type of Alternative Apparel and American Apparel. The only shirt that came close to what I am looking for is the Alternative Apparel Burnout Tee. Too bad it was did not have a long torso and was 50/50.

The closest I have found and not yet tried is Article 1's Euro Fit in XL or XXL. Has anyone tried the Eurofit yet? Article 1 does not have a place to buy samples, and I could not find elsewhere. So before I apply with them, perhaps someone has tried out the Euro FIt in an XL or XXL and could tell me about it?

Here are some links to pics of a shirt of mine by RVCA which has all of the above characteristics.

Longer Torso & Shorter Short Sleeves & Slim Cut: http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120079.JPG

Narrow Collar Hem & Collar not tight on neck: http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120076.JPG

And some nice contrast stitching as well:
http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120083.JPG

Thank you so much for the time and ideas.

I

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If there's an RN printed on the label that may lead you to the manufacturer of that shirt. Other than that, you could take a look at the Continental Clothing catalogue. I have no idea if they have what you're after specifically, but they are another manufacturer of lightweight, slimcut, contrast stitching etc. type shirts. Sorry I can't be of more help; hopefully someone else will know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have a RV#, which is 41321

And after looking at the label closely, I noticed the shirt is 50/50 cotton poly.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
incunabula said:
It does have a RV#, which is 41321
RV or RN? If it's an RN you can put it into the search field here and it will tell you the company that makes or distributes the shirt in the US. Sometimes that can help you track down the shirt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info Solmu

RN # comes back with Midwest Textiles.

Apparently they get their shirts from Pakistan and are not a very large company. The owners are also Pakistani and import the garments into the US.

Any tips on dealing with them? I would like to buy between 200 and 1000 depending on color and size. Are there standard minimum quantities? What kind of prices should I be expecting?

Thanks again!:)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Apparently they get their shirts from Pakistan and are not a very large company. The owners are also Pakistani and import the garments into the US.

Any tips on dealing with them? I would like to buy between 200 and 1000 depending on color and size. Are there standard minimum quantities? What kind of prices should I be expecting?
I don't know the answers to these questions, but they might work better as a separate thread in the Wholesale T-Shirts section.

It might be worth asking them what their prices are for various quantities between 200-1000 and then checking here to see if those seem reasonable.

Did the Midwest Textiles company sound like they might be interested in selling you some?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was it in Malaysia? MD Textiles?
I sent an email to the MD sales department, so check that.

As far as Midwest Textiles goes, I got in touch with an owner via email and he is in Pakistan at the moment.

They sound interested... should I expect prices similar to Am App, Alt App and A.1? Or might I be able to bargain for cheaper as they import directly from Pakistan and are not a large company that advertises?

Thanks Rodney!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I don't think the pricing would be as high as AmericanApparel/AlternativeApparel

I would guess around $2-$4 per shirt, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
208 Posts
incunabula said:
RVCA can't be a small company, they are huge here in California. It's like 1 out of 5 guys wears RVCA shirt. It's sick, man.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
RVCA can't be a small company, they are huge here in California. It's like 1 out of 5 guys wears RVCA shirt. It's sick, man.
I don't think he was saying RVCA was a small company, just the place where they get their t-shirts from (the manufacturer) isn't a large company (like Hanes or something).

·
Registered
4 Posts
incunabula said:
Hello Everyone.

I have been searching for a very specific type of 100% cotton t-shirt to buy in bulk. Here are the characteristics I am after:

1) Longer body (torso)
2) Shorter short-sleeves
3) Narrow hem at collar
4) Collar not tight on neck
5) Slim cut
6) Soft, thin and lightweight (under 4oz)

I have tried every type of Alternative Apparel and American Apparel. The only shirt that came close to what I am looking for is the Alternative Apparel Burnout Tee. Too bad it was did not have a long torso and was 50/50.

The closest I have found and not yet tried is Article 1's Euro Fit in XL or XXL. Has anyone tried the Eurofit yet? Article 1 does not have a place to buy samples, and I could not find elsewhere. So before I apply with them, perhaps someone has tried out the Euro FIt in an XL or XXL and could tell me about it?

Here are some links to pics of a shirt of mine by RVCA which has all of the above characteristics.

Longer Torso & Shorter Short Sleeves & Slim Cut: http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120079.JPG

Narrow Collar Hem & Collar not tight on neck: http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120076.JPG

And some nice contrast stitching as well:
http://www.environmentaldreamscapes.com/P9120083.JPG

Thank you so much for the time and ideas.

I
if you are looking for ladies shirts with that description you can get them from kamtex. you do have to apply for a wholesale account but they do have the longer body and they are light weight. i have bought from them and they are nice tees. i hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks mem, but I need tees in mens sizes.

Farennikov, Rodney's correct. I was referring to the Midwest Textiles subsidiary, the manufacturer for the RN on the RVCA blank.

Got the Article 1 blanks in S/S Euro Fit L-XXL and they are no good.
Body was too short.
XXL collar was tighter than the L.
Sleeves too long and wide.
Fit was torqued and inconsistent.

Tees looked really good in the catalog... too bad. Although they are suppossed to have some stuff in line for late October.

Closest thing I have found from the usual suspects is the AltApp Burnout tee. The body is too short, it doesn't come in an XXL and I could do without the extreme striations.
Anyone know what the burnout costs wholesale for a 72 case?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts