T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I'm having a very tough time printing this one design that I've printed plenty of times before.
I am using Union Maxopake Odorless White Ink and PP White (at separate times, thought it might be the thickness of the ink so I tried 2 kinds)
both whites are thick & great..used them before for a bunch of tee-shirts but for some reason this design I'm doing keeps coming out with "fuzzy" edges...
I tried both 110 and 156 screens and keep getting the same results.
I have done it before with the 156 mesh & it came out razor sharp but now for some reason it's not working.
I also had the screen kinda move 2-3mm & mess the design up because I think I pressed too hard trying to get the ink to clear the mesh...or maybe I'm stressed from this and need to stop for a few hours:confused::mad:
below is a pic of what the end result is coming out like...any/all help is greatly appreciated!!
I'm using (for this design) 110 mesh screen off-contact, 70 durometer squeege with plastisol ink...
PLEASE HELP!!

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see that you been pushing a lot of ink. so why don't try lower you off contact a little bit
yeah I tried that.
I use those popsicle-sticks to stir my water-based inks so I also use them for raising the screens because they are roughly the same thickness and a quarter.
for weeks I've been using 2 sticks (2 quarters) and have been getting great results with every single print I've done.

Once this madness started yesterday I removed 1 stick & now have only 1 left, which still gives a nice off-contact but I'm still getting these blurry edges...
perhaps I should try with no off-contact...

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is a Gildan heavyweight Tee...
plastisol opaque white ink....
one thing that has never affected any of my prints before (not saying that it is the current issue) is shrinkage...
do the tees really shrink so much as to throw the design completely off like this?

I use the usual mist spray adhesive...
I flood the screen, push, flash, flood, push and have never had trouble until now.
when the adhesive dries it shrinks the printing surface of the t-shirt??
just re-claimed the screen, put a nice thick coat of emulsion on and burned a nice sharp stencil...gonna give it another shot..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.