T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems printing a DTF print on polos. This is a
ST520 Sport-Tek ® Posi-UV® Pro Polo. From below, does anyone have any ideas of what is happening? Is it the T-Shirt? The DTF print? Heat press error... I would really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Automotive design Textile Orange Wood Flooring

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
does anyone have any ideas of what is happening? Is it the T-Shirt? The DTF print?
Steam from moisture in the transfer.
Using white ink does hide the the problem, but the prints will fail when washed.

If these are transfers you bought from someone else, preheat them by hovering the press over them for one or two minutes before use.
This should remove the moisture.

If you print these yourself, ensure they are properly cured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Using white ink does hide the the problem, but the prints will fail when washed.

If these are transfers you bought from someone else, preheat them by hovering the press over them for one or two minutes before use.

Thank you so much! I did order the DTF print, but I got it from a new supplier. I think DTF transfer was a little slimy. Is there anything I can do after pressing to fix it?

·
Registered
8 Posts

hi bob. is this can be used for my printing issue i posted yesterday? how bout the temperature for that 2 mins hovering with the film?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
hi bob. is this can be used for my printing issue i posted yesterday? how bout the temperature for that 2 mins hovering with the film?
Here is the issue in more detail.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

This apply to all TPU products, as well as other polymers.
As you can see the optimal drying temperatures vary depending on the grade of TPU.

For a few transfers in a curing oven, I would say 4-5 minutes at 80-90C will be enough.
That's just because the film is much thinner than injection molding granules.

Alternatively hover the press for a couple of minutes, ensuring there is enough gap so the temperature of the transfer rises slowly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is the issue in more detail.
View attachment 276579
This apply to all TPU products, as well as other polymers.
As you can see the optimal drying temperatures vary depending on the grade of TPU.

For a few transfers in a curing oven, I would say 4-5 minutes at 80-90C will be enough.
That's just because the film is much thinner than injection molding granules.

Alternatively hover the press for a couple of minutes, ensuring there is enough gap so the temperature of the transfer rises slowly.
thank you bob, really appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts