T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,237 Posts
Rodney said:
Sorry, I don't. I found one in Canada one time when I was searching google, but I don't remember the name of the company.
Rodney, I think you're begining to develop some type of a rare case of amnesia.... it happens when you google too much. :D

· Registered
4,237 Posts
qcumber said:
Something like this?

For silkscreen, this is how its done:

1. You need someone to cut up the pieces
2. Send the pieces to the silkscreen printer. So it looks like this.
3. After its done, send it to someone to sew it! Taadaa

Btw, this method is sometimes cheaper and faster than printing on a finished shirt. Alignment and positioning is also more accurate. And if something goes wrong, cut and do it again :), so you don't waste the whole shirt.

neu, neu, neu. :)

The problem with sending the front panel to the screen printer is that it may be a really hot that day for example, by the time the printer finishes the job and is shipped back to the sewer to sew and complete the shirt,FRONT panel size may have shrunk due to the heat or some other un-explained phenomenon...... it does happen.

ThAn the sewer sews it and makes the shirt. The problem is now the shirt looks a little funny (because the front panel does not match the original pattern), everyone stands around trying to figure out why and no one takes the blame because according to everyone involved the job was done right. So the guy that signs the checks loses out. :D ..... freaky looking shirts.

There is more to it than just printing the shirt before it is stitched together. :)

· Registered
4,237 Posts
qcumber said:
uh, you normally send the all the cut pieces together. So that if the supernatural happens, the cut pieces will all shrink together.

Also, better to send the complete cut pieces, because its a pain for the sewers to match which part goes with with size!
oh, come on, that is silly.

You know that once the cut parts are done each part by size is tied together in bundles with a tag displaying part number, size etc.

Also, No one ships all the garment parts to the printer. You must be joking...bwahahaha. :)

· Registered
4,237 Posts
Re: Please Help!

Aristocrat NYC said:

the bowtie only appears on the front, bottom of the collar and the rest will be the background txt you see
yep, looks like a 1,2, color job.
if you want it to cover the front part of the shirt 100%, one way to do the job is to make the JUMBO size transfer larger than the front of the shirt.
Than, you use a special tool to clear trace the crew neck line of the shirt on the transfer (you can do the same to it if you want the print to end on the sleeve seam too), cut out the crew neck (or the sleeve seam end line too) on the transfer and apply the transfer to the shirt.

remember that most can only make you transfers about 24x38 size.

you can also have fabric rolls made with your pattern design, expensive to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.