Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help!

Hi, We have recently started our tshirt business but we are still looking for printers and the proper kind of printing to do what we want. For most of our designs, we have a repeated patterns that cover the whole shirt, seam to seam. we are from the new york city area and i only know of one company, Prographix NYC that can do it around here but they are extremely expensive for such a new company. I was wondering if DTG might be the way to go, i do know silk screen cannot do what i'd like. any help would be appreciated. To sum up my questions, they are:

1. Is DTG the way to go and if not, what is

2. Does anyone know any Printer that could do what we want, preferably in the tri-state area but not limited to it.

Again thanks a lot. we could really use the help on this info.

-Aristocrat Clothing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, We have recently started our tshirt business but we are still looking for printers and the proper kind of printing to do what we want. For most of our designs, we have a repeated patterns that cover the whole shirt, seam to seam. we are from the new york city area and i only know of one company, Prographix NYC that can do it around here but they are extremely expensive for such a new company. I was wondering if silkscreening might be the way to go. any help would be appreciated. To sum up my questions, they are:

1. Is DTG the way to go and if not, what is

2. Does anyone know any Printer that could do what we want, preferably in the tri-state area but not limited to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please Help!

Hi, We have recently started our tshirt business but we are still looking for printers and the proper kind of printing to do what we want. For most of our designs, we have a repeated patterns that cover the whole shirt, seam to seam. we are from the new york city area and i only know of one company, Prographix NYC that can do it around here but they are extremely expensive for such a new company. I was wondering if screen printing might be the way to go. any help would be appreciated. To sum up my questions, they are:

1. Is sp the way to go and if not, what is

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Re: Please Help!

1. Is sp the way to go and if not, what is
I think it can be done with a roller screen printer. But not many screen printers have that capability (printing all over printing after the garment is sewn together).

It can be done a bit easier *before* the garment is sewn together. Then you'd need someone to sew the fabric into a t-shirt after it's printed.

InYourFaceApparel.com does one type of this type of printing, but I'm not sure if it's "screen printing". They call it "water sublimation".

: "duplicate" threads merged together :) :

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Please Help!

Rodney said:
I think it can be done with a roller screen printer. But not many screen printers have that capability (printing all over printing after the garment is sewn together).

It can be done a bit easier *before* the garment is sewn together. Then you'd need someone to sew the fabric into a t-shirt after it's printed.

InYourFaceApparel.com does one type of this type of printing, but I'm not sure if it's "screen printing". They call it "water sublimation".

: "duplicate" threads merged together :) :
do you know any roller screen printers numbers or infomation other than inyourfaceapparel, im looking to use american apparel shirts. i know you dont like to post it here but if you pm'ed it to me, it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
do you know any roller screen printers numbers or infomation other than inyourfaceapparel
Sorry, I don't. I found one in Canada one time when I was searching google, but I don't remember the name of the company.

Your best option might be to go with the local company that you know can do the work. I don't think there's a lot of "competition" in the all-over-printing market, so the prices they quoted might just be in line with what you'd get elsewhere

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
ahh, is that a do it yourself job or are there printers that do it
Yep, I think there are companies that will press the plastisol transfers on the shirts for you. Since we don't really allow self promotion on this forum, the best way to find out of other members could do it would be to place a SERVICE REQUEST in the classifieds area here once you reach 15 posts.

In the meantime, you could keep checking around and googling for companies to see if any screen printers can do what you're looking for.

You might also want to check the boards at http://boards.screenprinters.net to see if any printers there have the equipment to do what you're looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rodney said:
Yep, I think there are companies that will press the plastisol transfers on the shirts for you. Since we don't really allow self promotion on this forum, the best way to find out of other members could do it would be to place a SERVICE REQUEST in the classifieds area here once you reach 15 posts.

In the meantime, you could keep checking around and googling for companies to see if any screen printers can do what you're looking for.

You might also want to check the boards at http://boards.screenprinters.net to see if any printers there have the equipment to do what you're looking for.
ok so i should search/ask for people who can use "plastisol transfers". btw thanks a lot for your help guys

·
Registered
44 Posts
Something like this?

For silkscreen, this is how its done:

1. You need someone to cut up the pieces
2. Send the pieces to the silkscreen printer. So it looks like this.

3. After its done, send it to someone to sew it! Taadaa

Btw, this method is sometimes cheaper and faster than printing on a finished shirt. Alignment and positioning is also more accurate. And if something goes wrong, cut and do it again :), so you don't waste the whole shirt.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
qcumber said:
Something like this?

For silkscreen, this is how its done:

1. You need someone to cut up the pieces
2. Send the pieces to the silkscreen printer. So it looks like this.
3. After its done, send it to someone to sew it! Taadaa

Btw, this method is sometimes cheaper and faster than printing on a finished shirt. Alignment and positioning is also more accurate. And if something goes wrong, cut and do it again :), so you don't waste the whole shirt.

neu, neu, neu. :)

The problem with sending the front panel to the screen printer is that it may be a really hot that day for example, by the time the printer finishes the job and is shipped back to the sewer to sew and complete the shirt,FRONT panel size may have shrunk due to the heat or some other un-explained phenomenon...... it does happen.

ThAn the sewer sews it and makes the shirt. The problem is now the shirt looks a little funny (because the front panel does not match the original pattern), everyone stands around trying to figure out why and no one takes the blame because according to everyone involved the job was done right. So the guy that signs the checks loses out. :D ..... freaky looking shirts.

There is more to it than just printing the shirt before it is stitched together. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.