T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
SuperTs,
I actually like the way your site is setup. You only have 3 designs, but I don't think that is really a negative, because your site seems crisp. I have been trying to decide how many designs to have before I get my site up, and now I see that it can be done well without looking like too small of an operation. The only thing is that I had to click on shop at the bottom to actually see product. It would probably be better if product could be seen on the home page. But I like the theme of the home page, so maybe if you could incorporate the old house on the home page with the images of the shirts, it would be nice. Just a suggestion. But overall it seems pretty nice. Welcome to the forums, and good luck to you!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi SuperTs,

There are a few things you could fix. My screen resolution is 800x600 using IE for the browser, and on your Watonga County shirt, the (larger view) link wasn't totally visible. Also, I wondered why there is a spray bottle laying on the shirt in the picture.
The gun club shirt picture was too fuzzy. I would try to get a better photo for that shirt especially because of the small print on it. Having only 3 designs is not a problem as long as you keep adding more.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I think the photo of the barn is nice looking, but as a shopper, it doesn't help me navigate the site or learn more about your products. Seems like wasted space that could be used for product pictures or navigation elements.

From the main page, it took me too long to figure out how to see the actual t-shirts. You shouldn't have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a link to see your actual product. There should either be a shop link above the fold or product pictures above the fold to get the shopper deeper into the site. At the very least the picture of the house should be clickable to get into the site deeper.

I agree that the site logo in the upper left should be linked back to your homepage.

I like the layout of your t-shirts on this page and I don't think having only 3 shirts is too much of a problem for you:
http://www.rebornrags.com/shop.html

I think since your product graphics seem to be in the "vintage" style, you'll need more product description text to help sell the design. You need like a funny backstory or thinking behind the shirt. Something that helps the shopper identify with the shirt or learn why it is cool. That will also help you show up for more terms in the search engine.

Like this shirt:
http://www.rebornrags.com/juvy.html

It's an interesting idea, but I think with a little explaination of the "funny", it'll help people make a buying decision.

I think in general, it's a good idea to use standard definitions for shopping cart instead of "shopping pouch". Terms like "Add to Shopping Cart" and "Buy Now" are stronger terms that are more universally known.

You may want to rethink your exchange fee, as this could turn off buyers.

A size chart would help people see if the shirts will fit them before they buy and have more confidence in shopping at your site without being able to touch the item.

Since they can't touch the item or ask you questions in real time, you need to have all their "potential" questions answered on your site in an easy to find location (or locations).

I would suggest adding XXL to your size lineup.

I like the name of your "brand" and your RR logo.

I like the overall look of your site and your product pictures. I think 3 shirts is fine for a start, but if you add a newsletter and/or a blog/news page to help visitors feel like your site is being updated with new information and keep them aprised of new designs it will help people to want to return to your site.

You should add the PayPal/Visa/MC/Amex/Discover sign to your pages so shoppers know what type of payments you accept.

Your navigation menu title RR could be entitled About RR so that shoppers know what to expect before they click.

I think overall you're off to a great start, but addressing some of the points mentioned above could make your site more "shopper-friendly" and maybe even more search engine friendly.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I agree with Rodney that the barn photo is somewhat irrelevant, though it does set a tone. I think making it a click through link to the shop would be enough though. It looks like a splash screen, so if it worked like one that would be fine. I also agree that adding a blurb to each shirt would be a good idea.

I disagree about the using standard terminology for carts though - the barn & pouch & slogan set you up for a 19th century feel. I don't think anyone who can figure out how to type in a credit card number (or get limbs and neck through the appropriate t-shirt holes) could fail to realise that "shopping pouch" means "shopping cart".

I think the "Larger View" link on the t-shirts could afford to be more conspicuous and look a little nicer.

Personally I don't really like the font on the front page, but it may be what you're after (fonts are one of the most subjective design elements there are, in my opinion).

I agree with Decal that the spray bottle was strange.

It would be worth centering your shop if you can. On my screen there's a large white band of space on the right hand side. The site is obviously made for 800x600 resolution, which is fine, but if the site was centered it would look fine in higher resolutions as well.

This one is very minor and most customers will never even notice, but...: I don't like mixed case urls, especially in e-mail addresses. Will anyone else ever notice and care? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not.

I didn't notice a sizing chart anywhere, that should probably be added to the faq.

Overall the site looks good. It's nice and clean, the t-shirt photos mostly look good (I agree the Gun Club could use either focus or a higher quality .jpeg, and a bit more brightness though). As people have said the site design works well around the three designs. Yes it makes you look small, but you don't look unprofessional so I don't think that's really an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice site. I'd suggest you say somewhere where you're located, and where you ship your products, being located in France, i'd like to know if you ship here or not before beginning the process of ordering.

Low price this is good.

When we see your products, it's not easy to see the "Larger view" at the very bottom of the tee shirt.

And on the homepage I would make the shop accessible from the T-shirts word in the flash animation, because I find your buttons not that easy to find for those who surf fast!

But again very nice, and like others, i don't think it's problem to "only" have 3 t-shirts

Aurelie

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
It looks like a splash screen, so if it worked like one that would be fine.
In general, I don't think splash screens are a good idea for ecommerce sites.

I disagree about the using standard terminology for carts though - the barn & pouch & slogan set you up for a 19th century feel. I don't think anyone who can figure out how to type in a credit card number (or get limbs and neck through the appropriate t-shirt holes) could fail to realise that "shopping pouch" means "shopping cart".
While it may seem obvious to you as a web savvy user, someone who is new to the internet, or just has a different experience level than us may not know what the shopping pouch is supposed to be.

It's a pretty standard ecommerce rule to help conversions. Most articles about improving site useability or increasing conversions will talk about using standard language for these functions.

Of course, some sites go outside the "norm" on purpose, but if you're having problems with getting more sales, my suggestion would be to go back to the basics and make sure everything is "by the book", and then see how it effects your sales. Then start changing things one at a time. Or add a page on your site explaining the whole shopping process.

What may seem simple for us is very often not as simple for our shoppers. That's why you'll find that a lot of ecommerce articles talk about hand holding the shopper and explaining the process and making things very clear.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I think a splash screen is incredibly niche....portfolio sites etc. I'd never use one in an e-commerce site.

As for the shopping pouch....I'm not sure. I could have an effect either way.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Speaking for myself I loved splash pages...

...in 1997.

I agree that they're a bad idea in eCommerce sites. They occasionally work for personal sites, but even then they're generally best avoided. They're on that long list of design elements I used on past websites and am now ashamed of.

In all fairness to RR though, that isn't a splash page. I'm just saying it resembles one, so it could have the main feature of one (i.e. clicking the big image taking you to the main section of the site - the actual shirts) for those who don't want to look at the various link options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to thank everyone for their comments. It is definitely helping me improve it. Some of the images don't line up in certain browsers, it is really driving me nuts! Everything looks fine in Safari, but most other browsers the images are slightly out of position. More work to do........

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really liked the photo and style. I would order from someone w/ 3 shirts if I liked the designs.
can you embed some music into the home page? I made a site for my son a few months ago, along w/ video. Not too hard nowadays. jsut google wacktoyinc try something easy. dont make the site confusing, esp. when it come to ordering.
Yeah, overall, I liked it. And I am not offering any Services. (PC)2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Two things i picked up with the photos, needs to be closer so you can see the shirt better and you need to use a different background for each photo when you have a small number of shirts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts