T-Shirt Forums banner

platen glue

5K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Dkenzie1 
#1 ·
Hey what type of glue is everyone using...we use water based "tac-10" smells like elmers, we cut it by 1/2 with water ,apply it with a coke bottle with a small hole made with an embroidery needle and a foam brush..been doing this for a year now...no more spray tac for us .....jeff

#22 ·
Use pallet tape ( 18" or 16" masking tape also known as transfer tape ) on the pallet that way you can peal it off and put on a fresh layer later. If you do the math it's cheaper to buy a roll than the man hours and chemical it takes to clean off the adhesive. But you can always use a citrus based product or mineral spirits to clean it off. It's messy

#23 ·
We use Tex Tac, use to use spray adhesive but after trying this stuff we have never gone back to the spray and that was over 5 years ago. As to the other questions we have ran 200 to 250 shirts before having to reapply it and as far as clean up warm or hot water and a paper towel. actually what we do is heat the platen up for 5 to 10 min then spray with water from a bottle, please keep in mind that we run aluminum platens.

#24 ·
i use pallet tape and have had no luck cleaning with just water. the pallet tape is good for the pallet but the glue does get other places besides just there and needs to be cleaned eventually. I've used water and the typical screen printers cleaners and nothing really cleans the stuff that great. it usually makes more of a mess. it's my only complaint about the stuff but i wouldn't trade the cans for it.

maybe goo gone will work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.