T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
It could possibly be that the ink was very thinly printed on your shirt. If you print flash print, this should fix it. I usually see it with white ink printed on black shirts. The fuzz of the shirt creeps through the ink.

If you can't figure it out...just blame it on the zombies in Florida.

· Registered
2,941 Posts
I think it's probably a combination of the fibers in the shirt (if it's lint, it will come off).
And, possibly, a lighter application of ink in that area.
My other thought is that you're curing with a flash unit or a heat gun and not fully curing the entire print area.

· Registered
6,511 Posts
You can also get that look if your Flash Dryer is too high. It heats up the Platen, and the ink dries on the screen or slightly dries creating a tacky ink. When you Print Flash Print, then the second Print will pull the ink up and continue to dry on the screen.

I'm not making this up, it actually happen to me when I bought a new Flash Dryer. It didn't have a heat control device. The heat was either there or not. It got so hot the platens were cooking. I had to go out and buy a heat temp gun to measure the flash and platen. Then turned a fan on to control that.

Also bought a Router Speed Control, but it also heated up. Will have to buy one that can take a little heat, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.