T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm a new member.

I have been using a heat press for a couple of years. I mainly use Eco film, and have used some plastisol from Howard sportswear before. I have a larger order which involves a transfer with a pocket, the image is on the front of the pocket and on the shirt. These images must line up. With the eco I have a clear backing, but with transfers I can't see the existing transfer or the pocket edge.

So my question is, should I just start weeding the Eco, :( or try the transfers?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi Bob
:welcome:

Im thinking the transfers are going to save your fingers somewhat from all the weeding.

If you use transfers, will you be using 2 seperate transfers? One for the pocket and one that needs to be lined up to the first transfer?

I would probably go with the eco film myself. But if you went with transfers, you will still have to trim the transfer so that you can get it lined up properly. It can be done with strategic cutting out of the transfer.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes 2 transfers. With the eco I can press both at the same time. Just alot of weeding.

My dream was silk, but, No screeners will touch the job, because of the pocket.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would most likely use vinyl for the job myslf. i think plastisol would be more of a alignment nightmare. .... JB

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jb, Thanks for the reply. I'm starting the weeding today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts