T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Lucy....I would like some information as well on suppliers of hot peel opaque plastisol transfers.
There are lots of suppliers listed in this thread that should help you out. Many of them have hot peel :)

Lucy works for a transfer maker, so if you need more info about their services, feel free to contact them directly via email or PM.

· Registered
31 Posts
From my view the cold peel transfer is the first and the originator of printed transfers the cold peel transfer when completely cooled down you pull and apply its alot thicker and also alot more opaque but the draw backs are once applied and worn a bit it tends to crack. Hot Peel when you peel the backing off it actually splits the ink in two and gives more of a direct print look not as thick as a cold peel but isnt as opaque so when applying to a 50/50 shirt you might get a little bleed through so thats why there are two different types of plastisol printed transfers.

· Registered
5,448 Posts
Hot split transfers split the ink layer. Hot peel transfers are like cold peel transfers except one is peeled hot and the other cold.

There are hot split transfers done with opaque ink and printing techniques that allow them to be printed on any color shirt with no bleed through.

Why cold peel at all...probably its where many plastisol transfer makers started and perfected the craft. I kind of see it as a safety net for custom order customers. The technique certainly isnt cutting edge transfer printing technology compared to some of the hot-split and hot-peel transfers we have used from the better known print houses. I also think price plays a role in trying to grab the low end market share meaning small order folks. The more established cutting edge printers have many more types of transfer techniques than the basic three mentioned. These companys have the money experience and equipment to push the new developments in plastisol production. They arent worried about the 25pc one color order...they have moved beyond that customer.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
These companys have the money experience and equipment to push the new developments in plastisol production. They arent worried about the 25pc one color order...they have moved beyond that customer.

It's NOT really the Low 25 pc. order. It's the time and effort it takes to create Plastisol Transfers that are really CUSTOM made for the client's needs.

to do with HoT PEEL/SPlit transfers.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
perfect explenation on plastisol transfers couldnt said it better myself bottom line hot peel is the only way too goo
glad you agree Hot Peels are do bomb. :)

but

I do see COLD PEELS as safe way to sell plastisol transfer to the home user for sure.

I don't Know of 1 single major brand that uses COLD PEEL our days. It's all Hot Peel and has been for a few years now.

Anyone making Hot Peel 4 color process Glitter transfers or are they still all COLD Peel ?

· Registered
16 Posts
I have a question. I just recently placed in order with a certain company (don't know if i'm allowed to mention names) and they said since my design had thin line detail, i should go with crystal back/cold peel. I'm printing on black shirts only, and my designs are white with black outline. After i pressed my first shirt, using there directions, the image didn't fully stick to the shirt. so the next day i amped up the heat, and added more pressure, the image seems like it stuck way better, but on most of the image, the ends seem like if you pick and scratch at them, they start to peel off. How can i solve this problem? Should i amp up the heat and pressure even more? And by the way, i did the rub a dub technique after it was pressed as well. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
I have a question. .....on most of the image, the ends seem like if you pick and scratch at them, they start to peel off. How can i solve this problem?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Hi Matt,

off the top, Im not an expert in the transfer biz cause i've been out of it for a little while now (the guy i did worked for retired...long story.)

but, i don't think much more can be done now in your case. Considering you are using the correct application settings etc...and they continue to rub off as you scratch them with your thumb.

it sounds like the transfers you had made are just your *basic* plastisol transfers. Nothing wrong with that but it really depends on what finish look and quality you are aiming at. :)

Perhaps try some altermatives, like re-press with a teflon sheet. That should get the loose ends of your graphic transfer to stick.

footnote:

Most transfers makers can offer you the basic or other types that usually involve some additional work. Like adding the good old *GLUE* :) or expert screen burning for high detail graphics (thin lines etc.)

just to name a few companies that for sure can do this work are, people like Airwaves, The wildside, and yes transfer express and others can achieve great transfers that are quick and easy to apply and ARE 5 star quality.

here is a sample of a small 3" wide logo with a thin tiny black line outline that prints on all color shirts and perfect every time.

[media]http://www.spot98.net/custom/img/1-RED-STRIPE-500.jpg[/media]

another, but its larger :

[media]http://www.spot98.net/custom/img/1-SPOT98HD-500.jpg[/media]

to make a long post short, i'm sorry to say but the transfers you had done are not the best quality.

...sorry :eek::)

give the re-press a try with the teflon for a fix... it should work. But you will need to COLD PEEL with the teflon. Let me warn you that re-pressing with teflon will (in most cases) make the finished printed graphic plastisol transfer more *glossy*...shinny like....until you wash it

god bless.

:

· Registered
16 Posts
Thanx for that info, and links. i'll jot those down. I think i'll try re-pressing with the teflon sheets first. I kinda had an idea i mite need to do that. Man why can't every company do 5 star work, what's with this half assen? :)

· Registered
4,158 Posts
Oh and i'll upload a pic of the shirt tomorrow, i'm tired now and going to bed, i've been up for almost 24 hours now, and i need to recharge :D thanx again
matt, this is Lou, your mentor.. Give me a call. Did you pre press the shirt?

· Registered
16 Posts
Of course :D, and pre-heated the bottom pallete, but janette got ahold of me, and said maybe i didn't heat the bottom pallete ENOUGH. and they also brought up the topic of why they did 2 colors instead of one, they said that some of the lines in my design were thin, and that if they did white only, it was going to be possible that the white bled together. and that's what i figured when they suggested the 2 color. where can i get ahold of some of those teflon sheets, so i can press them again.

· Registered
4,158 Posts
Of course :D, and pre-heated the bottom pallete, but janette got ahold of me, and said maybe i didn't heat the bottom pallete ENOUGH. and they also brought up the topic of why they did 2 colors instead of one, they said that some of the lines in my design were thin, and that if they did white only, it was going to be possible that the white bled together. and that's what i figured when they suggested the 2 color. where can i get ahold of some of those teflon sheets, so i can press them again.
I talked to Ace for you (Dave) and that is what he told me as well. I will PM you on the teflon. Lou

· Registered
16 Posts
Alright!!! Thanks again Lou, just got my EZ off, cleaned my pallet like a charm, no more crystal outline :D and what a great LOW price on those teflon sheets, cheapest i've came into contact with! Now i can get back to pressin like a madman :D

· Registered
5,448 Posts
Ooohhh...preheating the bottom platon is just a stupid excuse. If you do a moisture removal you are fine. The print either works or it doesnt and if it doesnt its the manufactures problem. Dont settle for mistakes because they happen all the time. A custom ordered transfer in plastisol should press perfectly...if it doesnt and you know what you are doing...they screwed up period!!!!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.