T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
I can comment on first-editions transfers, because that is what I use. The cold peel with adhesive crystals is the way to go. The adhesive makes the ink stick the shirt perfectly every time.

With hot peel, some of the ink is left on the paper, and is trickier to use than cold peel. With hot peel, the exact temp is more inportant. The adhesive makes it less of a science. It just works perfectly every time. for .10 its well worth the extra money, to avoid aggrivation.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
My hot-split transfers always leave ink on the paper...thats the whole point isnt it? The inks split during the transfer process. They work very well...never really had much learning curve pressing them either. The cold peel tansfer I described works as well but the feel of the print is very different than say screen printing or hot-split images. I think the wash care is different as well. My girlfriend liked the image...we tried it and it sold so we order them.
Personally, I have not had good success with the hot peel plasticol transfers that I have used. Im not sure why. I have followed the instructions exactly, but all the ink doesnt transfer. The cold peel has always worked better for me.

The hot peel has a softer and stickier feel than the cold peel, whcih feels a little harder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.