T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
some technical input from transfer makers or screen printers would be greatly appreciated since i cant understand why some many make them as COLD peel and NOT hot peel
It could be that you're the only plastisol transfer printer on the forums, Lucy :)

I guess a different question could be, why do some make them HOT peel and NOT cold peel. Does it really matter as long as the end transfer works?

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
I guess you are right, no it dosent matter they basically look and feel the same, accept that hot split/peel apply alot quicker (4 times faster than cold peel) and hold up with the Stretch test.
Just curious. Is the stretch test based on a real-world need? I don't see customers ever needing to stretch the t-shirts like that. Most plastisol will have some give to it if cured correctly (enough give for normal and abnormal wear and mis sizing). Even on ribbed fabrics.

If the process involved is the same (since no one has posted otherwise), why not make them as Hot Split/Peel Plastisol Transfers ?
Not sure about this one, but maybe another plastisol transfer printer will come along and see this post and explain why they prefer one over the other.

Maybe somebody could invite the folks from first-edition, who Jon said do the cold peel, to the forums :)

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Lucy....I would like some information as well on suppliers of hot peel opaque plastisol transfers.
There are lots of suppliers listed in this thread that should help you out. Many of them have hot peel :)

Lucy works for a transfer maker, so if you need more info about their services, feel free to contact them directly via email or PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.