T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some plastisol transfers from silver mountain graphics, and I am having some problems with the design sticking to the paper. Some of the designs look "all right" but the edges of the letters peel up, and all of the plastisol doesn't transfer.

I tried increasing the pressure a bit, as well as increasing and decreasing the time from 6 seconds to 12 seconds.

Right now my temp is set to 380 degrees. I warm up the lower platen by putting it few a through cycles with no T-shirt, preheat the shirt for about 15 seconds to get the moisture out, and I tried hot peeling and cold peeling.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahha! I read all the stuff that Aeon suggested to try and it sounds like it will help me out quite a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
neghcho said:
ahha! I read all the stuff that Aeon suggested to try and it sounds like it will help me out quite a bit.
Hey there,

Good luck on your venture. Remember this though, there is going to be a little trial and error involved before they start coming out properly. Once you get everything figured out (ie: temp, time, pressure, etc) you'll find that you will soon be making perfect shirts everytime.

Keep us informed on your progress and feel free to PM me or ask any questions you may have.

Cheers,
Chris (AKA) Aeontees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts