T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been trying to hand print Union plastisol inks for a while now with like a 6mm snap off through 46T meshed screens, and yet the ink never get pushed through the screen nice and consistently, there are always bits still stuck in the screen. Thus leaving the print patchy but still quite thick i think.

If i try to thin it, it can get a watery look on the shirt and can still get stuck in the screen sometimes anyway.

I think my technique's ok because i was show my a pro.

-Also
-can plastisols be overlayed?
-should plastisols get a base coat for dark fabrics?
-Do many big business still print this way?

Cheers
-super

· Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi
I've been trying to hand print Union plastisol inks for a while now with like a 6mm snap off through 46T meshed screens, and yet the ink never get pushed through the screen nice and consistently, there are always bits still stuck in the screen. Thus leaving the print patchy but still quite thick i think.

-Also
-can plastisols be overlayed?
-should plastisols get a base coat for dark fabrics?
-Do many big business still print this way?
-super
does this happen with all colors?
try using a diff mesh count,

yes they can be overlay
yes u should have a base on dark fabrics
yes.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it still does with most colour but im starting to think its my technique, i think i've figured that part out.

what about with overlays tho, do most printers try meet up colours in a print or try to overlay the edges?

if you do an underlay for a dark shirt would it always be a white ink? or the same ink printed, dryed the printing again?

· Registered
2,252 Posts
what about with overlays tho, do most printers try meet up colours in a print or try to overlay the edges?

if you do an underlay for a dark shirt would it always be a white ink? or the same ink printed, dryed the printing again?
for most parts i meet up edges, but there diff times i let the print go a lil over the print.

i always use a white under base when printing on white but i know other just use a light color,
i print white flash then print the other color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.