T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had my first designs printed with discharge on Next level apparel womens shirts. And was not happy at all, after one wash the white text turned to purple and also faded quite a bit.

Im going to be printing on Black Alstyle ribbed 2x1 tank. Now that I printed a shirt and it didn't discharge well So im kind of scared to use discharge again. And from what I have read plastisol on a 2x1 ribbed tank can cause cracks in the artwork. I don't want to have the problem I had with discharging last time and I don't want the artwork to crack, so what would be the best option to print these 2x1 tanks? Thanks for any helpful advice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've found American Apparel discharges better than Alstyle and much better than Next Level Apparel. My suggestion is discharge the American Apparel brand 2X1 ribbed tanks...
You can plastisol 2X1 ribbed tanks but, plastisol ink doesn't get in between the ribbed fabric as well as water based inks. I use Matsui discharge and must inform you that their DSPS white is thicker than other Matsui discharge inks and leaves a true white on American Apparel black. I am so pleased with the results that today I am going to discharge red, blue and some other American Apparel colors that are not discharge friendly...

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have had problems with the ribbed tanks.. all i print is discharge and waterbase.. sometimes the tanks are over dyes and the colors dont come out that great.. white sometimes is a little off white.. but stretches with the shirt and feels great.. if your having problems with washing out. you need more time in your dryer.. IR dryers are terrible for discharge.

·
Registered
328 Posts
.Hmmmm I don't discharge. But In the wash can the straight discharge pick up the bleed of the shirt that first time. When I was in the AirForce, A dark sock got in on my white wash load. It made all my whites have a lite blue hue to it......and yes my room mate was on the floor.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have had problems with the ribbed tanks.. all i print is discharge and waterbase.. sometimes the tanks are over dyes and the colors dont come out that great.. white sometimes is a little off white.. but stretches with the shirt and feels great.. if your having problems with washing out. you need more time in your dryer.. IR dryers are terrible for discharge.
I like the feel of Discharge but don't wan't to sacrifice colors/longevity of the shirt. It sounds like my best option is discharge and hope that it discharges well. I didn't really want to take a gamble but I guess I don't have a choice.

Thank you for the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts