T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! im new here to "T-shirt Fourms"and have some questions regarding plastisol heat transfers.. a friend and i are starting a t-shirt business and we spend a good amount of money getting our shirts done. It seems that the only way we can save money getting these shirts done is if we have like 8 to 10 dozen printed up at a time, a few times now we have run into the problem of maybe not everyone is into the design we came up with or they want it in a diffrent color of shirt. As of right now we have only been useing black t-shirts (pro5 brand) and alone the shirts are a little costly but i feel that we want a great quality shirt to sell. A friend of mine was telling me about the plastisol heat transfers and says they look really good and will save you money and that I will not have to worry about having a lot of stock if they are not selling. So my question is are the plastisol transfers as durable and look very similar to a screen printed shirts and also what are the products that are required for me to get this started because i have obviously never done this before, if someone can let me know i would really appreciate it a lot.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Plastisol transfers look good and feel good. You are gonna need at least a 15x15 heatpress. Go online and lookup custom transfers or custom plastisol transfer.....a search. Go to Dowling graphics or First Edition and you should be able to get an idea of what your particular designs are gonna cost you.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
...just to add,
another good thing about having screen printed plastisol transfers on hand is that if you need to make a quick sample on a different garment like a skirt... bingo, it's done.

sometimes your clients may want your designs on other items beyond t-shirts etc.

as you venture off into plastisol transfer land, it is best and cost effective to make 6-8 designs at a time using the same colors, since transfer manufacturers work with various transfer sheet sizes.... a good place to start is for example: 100 qty, 12x18 sheet size, 6 designs up (Gang/yield) on a sheet.

Go for it, you will not regret the benefits transfers have to offer.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Plastisol transfers look good and feel good. You are gonna need at least a 15x15 heatpress. Go online and lookup custom transfers or custom plastisol transfer.....a search. Go to Dowling graphics or First Edition and you should be able to get an idea of what your particular designs are gonna cost you.
You dont exactly need a 15X15 heatpress. They can be very costly for you since your just starting

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You dont exactly need a 15X15 heatpress. They can be very costly for you since your just starting
Not as costly as ordering a large inventory of screenprinted shirts that sit on the shelves.....:D

Maybe $400 to $500 new....cheaper if you can find a good used one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts