T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really overwhelmed with this discharge game. A friend gave me a bottle of Jacquard Discharge to play with. I tried in on a couple of different color shirts. Some worked great, others not at all. I later found out that discharge does not work the same for all dye types. Ok, so thats easy to deal with. The biggest problem was the obvious smell. I was stoked with the finish but lost all of my steam when I discovered that I would need to wash the shirt after activating the discharge. I just don't want to have to wash shirts before selling them. I do my own printing and I use 95% plastisol and 5% water based ink (depending on the effect I want for that tee). I don't do large numbers of tees at a time, just a couple dozen or so at a time. I really want to work out this discharge thing so I did some research, asked some of my ink suppliers and one of them said many printers use a 'wash house' to nuertralize the discharge paste and smell. So, I did more research here to find out about wash houses and unfortunately, I'm still a little tweaked. After doing some reading suggested by people here, I now have to consider Plastisol Discharge. I didn't know this existed but its in some article suggested from here.

So does anyone know what this is? I thought discharge was water-based only? Anyone who does this regularly, who prints their own tees and does some discharge work, know what a Plastisol Discharge mix is? And do you use a wash house for small numbers (a dozen to a few dozen at a time)?

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Union ink have few products
Plasticharge additive
Plasticharge white for discharge-dyed cotton garmets and underbase prints

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. I will look into the wilflex because it sounds like the exact function I need: no smell, NO WASH!
I will check into it first thing. Is the process for using wilflex the same? Screen the paste, add a dye if desired, and then heat or steam the tee after its dried?

In regards to the Union Inks, do the require a wash as well? And is the smell strong?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
why would you mix plastisol with discharge? doesnt that take away your efforts to get a better hand?
Not completely - if it avoids having to use an underbase you would have otherwise needed. Yes waterbased would be softer still, but one layer of plastisol is softer than two.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a dealer that sells the Wilflex Oasis NF discharge... I will give it a try and see what happens...

Thanks for the advice and suggestions...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts