T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just finished reading most of the Plastisol threads, and as a new guy to the shirt biz, all this information left me with one big question, How does one go about judging the quality of the transfers, solely by price alone? If ABC companies are $2.00 per, and XYZ is $3.50, does that nessesarily mean XYZ is that much better? Other than getting transfers from every company for evaluation, what would be a practical approach, since more than likely, ABC company is not going to advertise, "we use the cheapest materials we can get". Any insights would be great. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Prices are determined per vendor basically by their business needs. Plastisol transfers are great products but as you probably imagined, some companies know what they are doing and some are getting by.

There have been plenty of suggestions on good quality custom transfer companies. If you follow those suggestions you will be fine.

To save money look at gang sheets, color control and quantity. Ace transfers, Transfer Express, First Edition are all reputable custom makers.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
If ABC companies are $2.00 per, and XYZ is $3.50, does that nessesarily mean XYZ is that much better? Other than getting transfers from every company for evaluation, what would be a practical approach,...
The practical approach is to pay attention to which names pop up most often. I have samples from half a dozen different companies, quality-wise they are all excellent. The real difference comes in the packaging. Transfer Express (transferexpress.com) sends a very nice dealer kit that is a useful tool when dealing with customers; their samples are very impressive, but their prices are high. At the other extreme you have F&M (transferfreedom.com) which has no dealer kit and for samples, sends whatever they have lying around. F&M's sample package leaves a lot to be desired but their transfers are excellent and because their costs are low, their prices are also low. Also beware that some companies may tack on additional set-up charges and/or gang sheet charges which will drive up the price even higher so check each company to see if they do this.

I'm doing a lot of work t-shirts, one color pocket logo, one color back; so keeping the price low is beneficial to me. If I were doing sports teams or schools then having a dealer kit full of templates that can be customized would probably be very beneficial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts