T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
Are you doing this in CorelDraw or PhotoPaint? and what version?

· Registered
6,807 Posts
I usually do that after wards ..when the text is placed where I need it to be
Really depends on what the OP means by saving the image. Either the text ends up behind the image as you mentioned or when its saved it isnt grouped or highlighted together. If the OP just hits the image and goes to save it as a bitmap or whatever and the text isnt highlighted all you get is the photo image.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
If your using photoshop, you need to flatten. If not the text will be on a seperate layer and when you save you loose the text.

· Registered
9,864 Posts
If your using photoshop, you need to flatten. If not the text will be on a seperate layer and when you save you loose the text.
The program used is Corel X4.

The "need to flatten" is not necessary before saving in Photoshop.

If you did not flaten the image and save it in a file format that supports layers the text will still be on that same layer. All the visible or invisible layers will still be there in their proper order.

Now, if you did not flatten and save it in a file format that does not support layers, the visible layers will automatically be flattened and the text should appear just as it is before the save.

Sometimes when I place text over an image it disappears.. you just have use the order commands (right click) place the image (or text) in front or behind of the other..
In that case the text was not placed over the image but under the image and re-arranging the order of the objects is necessary to bring the object to its proper position. I am not so sure if that is the case with Lance because he did not mention if the text was created before or after he imported the image (below)
I downloaded a picture a model wearing a tank top.
I placed text on the tank when I save the photo the text dissappears.What must I do so the text remains.

Thanks All
but from his statement, I interpret the problem to occur during the saving and not after the moving of the text object or the release of the mouse button. I hope Lance can clarify his problems.

· Registered
5,758 Posts
he emailed me back and got it figured out..

Here are the simple commands I sent him via email:

Highlight the image jpeg or the text> make sure the four black boxes show up around the picture> right click >scroll down to order> choose (to front of layer or to back of layer)
whichever one will make the text appear

Hope this helps others..

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he emailed me back and got it figured out..

Here are the simple commands I sent him via email:

Highlight the image jpeg or the text> make sure the four black boxes show up around the picture> right click >scroll down to order> choose (to front of layer or to back of layer)

Hope this helps others..
Thank you all for your help I could`nt have done it without you

· Registered
5,758 Posts
David-

I have had this problem before too...

Say you have a picture saved to your desktop and you import into Corel.
now you want to add text so you type out what you want and place it on top of the picture.

Now the text disappears behind the picture since the text really is part of the document and the picture is import (somewhat on top of the document) best way to explain it.

So what I learned to do this..

Highlight the image jpeg or the text> make sure the four black boxes show up around the picture or text (forgot about that)> right click >scroll down to order> choose (to front of layer or to back of layer)

You want to move the text to the front or the image to the back so that they both together on the page. Then I group them to become one and move it around to where I want to print.

from what I gathered this is what Steve was going through. I have done it a few times so it was easy to see the signs. Now I am not sure if there is a better way to do it but it was the easiest way for me to explain and do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.