T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I emboider a polo piqué I look at the label it tells me it is a100% cotton what do I digitize it for piqué or cotton?
My dealer keeps telling me cotton but is this true?
What do you think

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you asked me to digitize a design and said it was 100% cotton material, I would then ask is it knit or woven. If you answer it is going onto a knit I would digitize the design different to one going onto a woven. Also the texture of the fabric is important. Texture affects how the design will stitch out.

A 100% cotton jersey t-shirt, a 100% cotton pique polo and 100% cotton cap - I would not digitize the design the same just because they are all 100% cotton.

While the material is 100% cotton, this extra info, in this case a pique knit, would then allow me to tweak the comp settings, adjust underlay, stitch length and density etc for the garment.

That's how I would do it.

Reactions: Prinsz

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys
but you see here arevtwo answers again
my digitizing program asks me if it is cotton or piqué
So I am still in dubio...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hi Rene,

It seems you didn't get your anwer yet, hope you can specify your question, some nice guys here may help you. I thought you just wanted to know what's the different between pique and cotton.

Bill

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks you guys
but you see here arevtwo answers again
my digitizing program asks me if it is cotton or piqué
So I am still in dubio...
What software are you using?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When I emboider a polo piqué I look at the label it tells me it is a100% cotton what do I digitize it for piqué or cotton?
My dealer keeps telling me cotton but is this true?
What do you think
Digitize for pique. The weave (pique) is more important than the fabric content (cotton, blend, etc.).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all you guys and girls!
I am using Wilcom deco, but I let someone else do most of the digitizing.
How ever when I do it myself(small stuff) I 'd have to know.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am not familiar with DecoStudio layout.
But I have attached a screen shot showing some of Embroidery Studio selections for fabric assistant.

For the job you originally posted about, I would use pique.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts