T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Very much a newbie here. I'm learning my equipment and spending time tuning my skills with the heat press at the moment, but I'm also doing research for when I'm ready to move beyond precut sheets.

Presently I'm using dyetrans hd sheets (that they threw in with a bundle) and I'm pleased with the results. I have an SG800 with the bypass tray so I can handle some larger sizes down the road. As such I've been looking into rolls of paper to save on material cost.

I spotted Pinnacle Dye Sub rolls on Amazon and found this source: https://www.printingsuppliesdirect....5-gsm-1-roll?zenid=svlkhehuqbutnfka2ib1gh1ht2. Great price, but I can't find diddly on them except for a lone, vague 5 star review on amazon. The specs seem good, but there again - no info really on any forums, blog posts, etc.

Does anyone have experience with this brand/product, or should I just stick with the DyeTrans version?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@JYA I've seen you recommend Coastal several times in other threads. They're a slightly higher price than the DyeTrans and Pinnacle rolls, and a slightly lighter weight. What sets them apart? Not to be rude in the slightest, but are you receiving referral bonuses or the like for recommending them?
@Conde_David cutting is exactly what I intend to do with the rolls. I've got a massive 24" paper cutter for that purpose.

· Registered
642 Posts
@JYA I've seen you recommend Coastal several times in other threads. They're a slightly higher price than the DyeTrans and Pinnacle rolls, and a slightly lighter weight. What sets them apart? Not to be rude in the slightest, but are you receiving referral bonuses or the like for recommending them?
I like getting great customer service from Darci at Coastal. Being the only SIHL dealer in the US, they could treat me like sh*t and if I didn't like it, I'd have to decide whether to put up with it or go back into hunting for paper. Luckily, she treats me great! There aren't many people on her side of the business that deliver!

Yes, the link I posted is a slightly higher price for the roll, for 228 FEET MORE paper. The cost per square foot and/or job will be far less when it comes to the paper. These guys selling cut paper are screwing those with desktops because there's no other choice. You'd come out ahead by purchasing the roll and then having a sheeter sheet your roll into various sizes of cut sheets.

I wish I was receiving referral bonuses! The fact of the matter is that I've tested and used thousands of rolls of sublimation paper from many many manufacturers and IMPO, nothing has come close to performing the way SIHL does!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.