T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginner problems.why tf is this happening to ever shirt I press? Using jet pro soft stretch Epsom wf7720 following instructions 380 degrees 30 seconds hot peel almost immediately then press with the Teflon sheet 10 seconds. Some of the ink isn’t pressing to the shirt pressure is on so high I gotta use my full body weight to press the clamshell press down. Help. Can’t sell t shirts of mediocre quality. Printed these for my sons btw so don’t worry about copy right. I lint roll the **** out of the t shirts before I press. They look good from far away but close up or in person you can tell they just don’t look pro quality. Need to fix this asap

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Beginner problems.why tf is this happening to ever shirt I press? Using jet pro soft stretch Epsom wf7720 following instructions 380 degrees 30 seconds hot peel almost immediately then press with the Teflon sheet 10 seconds. Some of the ink isn’t pressing to the shirt pressure is on so high I gotta use my full body weight to press the clamshell press down. Help. Can’t sell t shirts of mediocre quality. Printed these for my sons btw so don’t worry about copy right. I lint roll the **** out of the t shirts before I press. They look good from far away but close up or in person you can tell they just don’t look pro quality. Need to fix this asap
ok
first, your pressure is probably a tad high if you are a normal male, it should be 'difficult' to close with one arm
370f for 30 secs (if your platen is running hotter than indicated drop your time to 25 secs)

second, get rid of the teflon and use parchment paper (baking paper)

third, where are you buying your tee's?
start buying 50/50 cotton/poly blends meant for decorating, i have had extremely good long-lasting results with gildan's dryblend
if you do not have a business license use somewehere like jiffyshirts (worst case is to hit michaels until your next order arrives)

fourth, use plain paper at the highest quality settings on the epson

fifth, make sure your jpss is not moist, store in a sealed plastic bag until needed

sixth, make sure you wait about 20 minutes after printing before pressing

try this process below using 4"x4" design squares on a scrap tee that you normally use until you get this procedure down
you can use any full color pic like the ones you already did

- pre-heat heat press to 370f

- place garment on the lower platen and lint roller it

- pre-press garment for 5 secs (rest upper platen on garment)

- place jpss on garment and using the heaviest pressure you can muster without breaking yourself or the heat press, close heat press for 30 seconds

- open heat press and **immediately peel from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner, as close to the garment as possible, then lightly stretch the garment horizontally and vertically a few times

- cover design with parchment paper and re-press for 10 secs, open press, remove parchment paper immediately and lightly stretch while hot again

- do not wash for 24 hours

* *if you find it too hot to peel immediately, remove garment from press and let it sit till it is luke warm, then peel

do not stretch, place back on the press, cover with parchment paper and re-press for 12 secs, then remove parchment and lightly stretch while hot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok
first, your pressure is probably a tad high if you are a normal male, it should be 'difficult' to close with one arm
370f for 30 secs (if your platen is running hotter than indicated drop your time to 25 secs)

second, get rid of the teflon and use parchment paper (baking paper)

third, where are you buying your tee's?
start buying 50/50 cotton/poly blends meant for decorating, i have had extremely good long-lasting results with gildan's dryblend
if you do not have a business license use somewehere like jiffyshirts (worst case is to hit michaels until your next order arrives)

fourth, use plain paper at the highest quality settings on the epson

fifth, make sure your jpss is not moist, store in a sealed plastic bag until needed

sixth, make sure you wait about 20 minutes after printing before pressing

try this process below using 4"x4" design squares on a scrap tee that you normally use until you get this procedure down
you can use any full color pic like the ones you already did

- pre-heat heat press to 370f

- place garment on the lower platen and lint roller it

- pre-press garment for 5 secs (rest upper platen on garment)

- place jpss on garment and using the heaviest pressure you can muster without breaking yourself or the heat press, close heat press for 30 seconds

- open heat press and **immediately peel from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner, as close to the garment as possible, then lightly stretch the garment horizontally and vertically a few times

- cover design with parchment paper and re-press for 10 secs, open press, remove parchment paper immediately and lightly stretch while hot again

- do not wash for 24 hours

* *if you find it too hot to peel immediately, remove garment from press and let it sit till it is luke warm, then peel

do not stretch, place back on the press, cover with parchment paper and re-press for 12 secs, then remove parchment and lightly stretch while hot
I use 100 percent cotton tees I think they’re Gildan something or others bought a few hundred whole sale at 1.80 a pop. I will try these suggestions and report back

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I use 100 percent cotton tees I think they’re Gildan something or others bought a few hundred whole sale at 1.80 a pop. I will try these suggestions and report back
if you got 'em, may as well use 'em
try to get a good friction stretch of the tee on your lower platen before pressing

i would try the peeling warm trick, and don't over-saturate the print with ink

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you got 'em, may as well use 'em
try to get a good friction stretch of the tee on your lower platen before pressing

i would try the peeling warm trick, and don't over-saturate the print with ink
What does over saturate with ink mean? I followed directions posted above and got better results but still the black isn’t transferring all the way.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
you can go into advanced settings of the print dialog and bump the saturation = amount of ink used

when the epson print dialog comes up, in the color correction area click 'custom', then in the 'color management' area 'color controls', then select color mode 'adobe rgb' and gamma 2.2
unless you have an icc, then turn color control off

what was your procedure for the above?

try bumping your temp up to 375f

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can go into advanced settings of the print dialog and bump the saturation = amount of ink used

when the epson print dialog comes up, in the color correction area click 'custom', then in the 'color management' area 'color controls', then select color mode 'adobe rgb' and gamma 2.2
unless you have an icc, then turn color control off

what was your procedure for the above?

try bumping your temp up to 375f
I did exactly what you said above hot peel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone else said to try a pillow for the press so I ordered a set of those so we shall see what happens. It’s got to be something I’m doing wrong I can close the press now with using a little force with one arm. Not having to force it like before. Still all the ink doesn’t release from the shirt. Can I switch to jet pro opaque 2 and just press it like I would a dark shirt?? Does this happen with those types of transfers as well? You know since it’s printed straight onto that white film stuff

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
you don't want to go down that path of any dark transfer instead of jpss, unless they are one-off tee's for stag/stagette parties

it is just going to take some time and fine-tuning
(hence the recommendation for using 4"x4" squares for testing till you get it dialed in)

pillows are a must-use due to zippers/collars/etc in the way of the press (i.e. a last resort),
because it is harder to get the pressure needed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts