T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
use masking tape ..no waiting for anything to dry and if you have pin holes in tight spots. use tweezers and use scissors to cut small pieces of tape.. trust me it works..emulsion is a great idea the only down side is drying time. but if you go the emulsion route have flat tooth picks handy. I actually do both depending on my mood and time constraints....I'm thinking of charging for all the free advice i give on these forums..J/K :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use blockout .... it comes in two flavors. a slow drying water based and a very fast drying solvent based. Both wash out with water so you can reclaim easily and its easier to work with then tape or emulsion. Also much easier to patch fine holes in tight space then tape ... try fixing a spot in the leg of a "T" with tape and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if you have time and a small space. build a stand or frame to to prop up your screen. place a small light behind the frame and you can really see all the pin holes and it is much easier to block pin holes, because we all know what a pain in the @$$ they are to block or tape once the screens are set up on the press.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try using speedball screen filler.
I use a small brush cut to leave only the size of a pencil tip, for larger holes or lines I use a bigger brush. You will need a screen filler remover when you are ready to reclaim your screen. You can get both at Hobby Lobby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts